Plug behind license plate

7 minutes ago, Steven Bonds said:

I was also curious about that unused connector and found this thread.  Then with a little more searching found a place that has lots of options to add front, side, bed, and/or trailer cameras that will work with the factory 8" infotainment system. They claim no dealer programming needed.   hmm.. interesting. https://camera-source.com/2014-17-gm-front-and-side-camera-kit-for-8-display.html

Looks like a third party system for the k2 trucks...

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, JoeD49 said:

B931F374-6FAA-4043-B4AC-1D08F1F92FE8.jpeg

From page #2:

Confirmed that is the trailer camera plug.  I bought the trailer camera port & plugged it in, hoping the dealer could program it to work, but apparently even though the wiring is there, dealer can not add the camera package after the fact...pretty disappointing.

18 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

From page #2:

Confirmed that is the trailer camera plug.  I bought the trailer camera port & plugged it in, hoping the dealer could program it to work, but apparently even though the wiring is there, dealer can not add the camera package after the fact...pretty disappointing.

When I’m driving I can push the camera button on the touch screen abs it shows the rear of the truck while driving.  Showing anything if I was pulling a trailer 

2 hours ago, JoeD49 said:

When I’m driving I can push the camera button on the touch screen abs it shows the rear of the truck while driving.  Showing anything if I was pulling a trailer 

Ok, lets start fresh.

Year, Make, Model, Trim Level, maybe we can eliminate things it could be rather than just continuing to guess.

Has anyone added the trailer tpms after the fact to their truck. I still have the sensors from my previous t1 but my new one didn’t have this system due to the IC shortage. Not a huge deal more just curious if it’s a simple install. 

On 7/31/2021 at 7:07 PM, JimCost2014 said:

Ok, lets start fresh.

Year, Make, Model, Trim Level, maybe we can eliminate things it could be rather than just continuing to guess.

There were two plugs mentioned and shown in pics on page 2.  The plug JoeD49 asked about (circled in the pic he posted above) is for the trailer TPMS receiver.  There is a round plug behind the bumper to the left of the hole behind the license plate (also shown on pg 2 and being referred to in your posted quote above, but I needed to zoom in to see it) that is for the camera.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RCF71 said:

There were two plugs mentioned and shown in pics on page 2.  The plug JoeD49 asked about (circled in the pic he posted above) is for the trailer TPMS receiver.  There is a round plug behind the bumper to the left of the hole behind the license plate (also shown on pg 2 and being referred to in your posted quote above, but I needed to zoom in to see it) that is for the camera.

Good info, hope that helps solve his question if he comes back.

Thanks!