Plug behind license plate

20 minutes ago, imadebogey said:

I already put the license plate on.  I'll snap a picture tonight.  When I took the dealer tag off to put the license plate on, there is a plug just sitting there behind the plate with nothing plugged in to it.

Tow package, rear (back up) camera, and the LED lights mounted under the bed rails from the factory come to mind.

But take the picture, that way more might be able to help.

1 hour ago, Chris Callanan said:

Do you already have the Tow package?  If not, could be the wiring for the trailer...

If you do, could possibly be the trailering camera??  

you got any pictures?

Already have the tow package.  I guess the trailering camera would make the most sense.

I put my plates on over the weekend and didn’t pay much attention as my kids were running around in the street. Pretty sure I saw wires and a plug too. Was too busy yelling at my kids to get out of the street to take a good look. Now I’m curious. Will have to investigate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure it’s the plug for the wireless trailer tire pressure sensors. Had a look behind my license plate and there’s a black box there connected to that plug. Does your truck have the trailer tire pressure monitoring?
No it doesnt. That is probably what it is.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

On 11/12/2019 at 11:41 AM, imadebogey said:

Anybody know what the plug behind the license plate is for?  I've searched but come up with nothing.

Does it have a green plug? When I wired my Putco Blade tailgate lightbar using the Putco Blade quick connect harness I plugged into a previously unused connector.

https://www.putco.com/529005