Mileage on Bridgestone Dueler ATs? (22")

Man, I must be in the minority but I actually really like my 22" AT RH-S's. Pretty good for an OEM tire and I may even replace them with the same. Love the aesthetics (tread pattern) and I have 33k on mine. Looks like I should get 50k, possible 60 if I push it. And I have only rotated them 2x in 33k miles.

Man, I must be in the minority but I actually really like my 22" AT RH-S's. Pretty good for an OEM tire and I may even replace them with the same. Love the aesthetics (tread pattern) and I have 33k on mine. Looks like I should get 50k, possible 60 if I push it. And I have only rotated them 2x in 33k miles.
Yep you got a horse shoe up your ass. They're are lots better tires out there than those Bridgestone's...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BringTheRain403 said:

Yep you got a horse shoe up your ass. They're are lots better tires out there than those Bridgestone's...

In 22's though? Because the selection for 22's is a lot more limited. I would love KO2's or Duratracs. Only other good option I see would be the new Nitto Ridge Grappler but I fear the road noise and ride quality.

In 22's though? Because the selection for 22's is a lot more limited. I would love KO2's or Duratracs. Only other good option I see would be the new Nitto Ridge Grappler but I fear the road noise and ride quality.
Ridge Grapplers are about the best AT tire you can get. The Terra Grappler G2's are great too. They even have a 60K warranty. Nitto is REALLY good about keeping road noise down.

7 minutes ago, BringTheRain403 said:

Ridge Grapplers are about the best AT tire you can get. The Terra Grappler G2's are great too. They even have a 60K warranty. Nitto is REALLY good about keeping road noise down.

Have you ran the ridge grapplers? They aren't overly loud?

They're sightly louder then the Bridgestone's. Personally I have to really concentrate to hear them. They really aren't noisy. They're a far cry from the mud tires that sounds like a damn Apache Helicopter going down the road lol

13 hours ago, CamGTP said:

Also keep in mind that on factory installed tires from GM or whoever, their tires more often than not come with less tread depth than a new non OEM tire purchased at discount tire/Tires Plus, Goodyear, Costco etc etc. If auto manufacturers can cut the tread depth by 1 or 2/32nds per tire for millions of tires, they will save a ton of money in the process.

"Special tires"?  ?

Can you provide any valid links to prove this?

14 hours ago, CamGTP said:

Also keep in mind that on factory installed tires from GM or whoever, their tires more often than not come with less tread depth than a new non OEM tire purchased at discount tire/Tires Plus, Goodyear, Costco etc etc. If auto manufacturers can cut the tread depth by 1 or 2/32nds per tire for millions of tires, they will save a ton of money in the process.

Where did you get this information? 

Not likely.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NWI Denali said:

See mine look like they have plenty of tread left and could easily get to 40k miles, until you notice the red and green tread indicators.  I'm planning to switch to either the Nitto Terra Grapplers, or Ridge Grapplers.

I got 74,000 miles out of my factory original P265/65R18 Bridgestone Dueler AT RH-S's.  I rotate my tires myself at every oil change (approx 4500 miles) and make sure they are set at exactly 35psi cold (digital tire gauge) every month.  Surprisingly, they still had acceptable wet and snow traction even when they were down to the molded-in-the-tread wear bars.  And they were never ever rebalanced--they didn't have to be.  My Bridgestone/Firestone dealer said they had never seen any of their AT tires last that long.  Of course, they don't know of anyone who still rotates their own tires or changes their own oil, either.  

Apparently, the people writing bad reviews of this tire on here are either: 1) Light duty pickup drivers who value a soft/quiet ride over getting stuck in wet grass and only love Michelin highway tires, or 2) Jeep drivers who wouldn't be happy with anything less than a mud-terrain tire with extreme tread--one that gets terrible gas mileage and is unbearable on pavement. In retrospect, these RH-S's are the best all-around long-lasting on/off road, all terrain tires that you can live with on the highway, that I've ever seen or heard of, period. And I've driven them all (General/Goodyear/BfGoodrich/Firestone/Gillette/Michelin/Uniroyal/Douglas, et al) over the last 40 years. The bottom line is that anyone who gets stuck in the snow/ice on these tires is a showoff looking to get stuck, or way short on driver talent or vehicle capability.

I've had a set of Revo 3's and a set of Alenza Plus's since then.  The Revo 3's were 'sexier' and the Alenzas are a bit quieter and get a little better gas mileage, but I honestly wish I'd gone with more RH-S's.  

Edited by MaverickZ71

1 hour ago, MaverickZ71 said:

I got 74,000 miles out of my factory original P265/65R18 Bridgestone Dueler AT RH-S's.  I rotate my tires myself at every oil change (approx 4500 miles) and make sure they are set at exactly 35psi cold (digital tire gauge) every month.  Surprisingly, they still had acceptable wet and snow traction even when they were down to the molded-in-the-tread wear bars.  And they were never ever rebalanced--they didn't have to be.  My Bridgestone/Firestone dealer said they had never seen any of their AT tires last that long.  Of course, they don't know of anyone who still rotates their own tires or changes their own oil, either.  

Apparently, the people writing bad reviews of this tire on here are either: 1) Light duty pickup drivers who value a soft/quiet ride over getting stuck in wet grass and only love Michelin highway tires, or 2) Jeep drivers who wouldn't be happy with anything less than a mud-terrain tire with extreme tread--one that gets terrible gas mileage and is unbearable on pavement. In retrospect, these RH-S's are the best all-around long-lasting on/off road, all terrain tires that you can live with on the highway, that I've ever seen or heard of, period. And I've driven them all (General/Goodyear/BfGoodrich/Firestone/Gillette/Michelin/Uniroyal/Douglas, et al) over the last 40 years. The bottom line is that anyone who gets stuck in the snow/ice on these tires is a showoff looking to get stuck, or way short on driver talent or vehicle capability.

I've had a set of Revo 3's and a set of Alenza Plus's since then.  The Revo 3's were 'sexier' and the Alenzas are a bit quieter and get a little better gas mileage, but I honestly wish I'd gone with more RH-S's.  

I don't mind the 22" RHS's that my truck came with. 18,000 miles and they still look pretty good. They are a good all around AT tire. I'm not going to run them much past 30,000 miles since I want to go bigger but I'm sure 50,000 wouldn't be out of the question. If they made a 305 45 22 I'd buy another set. 

Those Alenzas wear as good as a Michelin. I've put 70,000

on two sets of these.

8 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

Where did you get this information? 

Not likely.

It's something that can happen because certain auto manufacturers create a tire that is specific to the vehicle it is going on. That in turn can change the tread depth and tire handling/life on the road. Not all tires are this way but some are. Some tires will have two different part numbers even though they are the same size.

Maybe saying "more often than not" is the bad choice of words but the rest can still be true.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=22

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=23

https://www.consumerreports.org/tires/find-exact-replacements-for-worn-out-tires/

On 11/14/2019 at 12:23 PM, BringTheRain403 said:

The red and green paint is from the factory. I believe they use it for quality control....

Those lines are just manufacture marks and usually wear off pretty quickly.  I have red and green indicators on all four which feel like some sort of hard plastic.