Infotainment update - no sound

That is a new one. One problem has been no sound from the  complete system. Having the AM / FM not working but the XM is new. Try leaving the vehicle off for a couple of hours.

That seemed to take care of the problem with the complete sound system failure. You might try to update the system again just to see if it did complete successfully.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Richard, that is what I intended to try (and did).  24 hrs. or so later I tried it and it is working as it should again.  Even though it said it had completed updating, it was not.  Hope this helps someone else. ?

I have a different but somewhat similar issue.  Sometimes, not everyday, after startup and pulling out of the driveway I lose sound from FM radio.  Switch the station to another FM channel and I get sound back, change back to original station and sound is there still.  I suppose it could be the radio station but it seems to happen to frequently.  Almost half the mornings.  Sometimes happens after starting the car to come home from work as well.  Anybody else seen this?

17 hours ago, J2Jones said:

I have a different but somewhat similar issue.  Sometimes, not everyday, after startup and pulling out of the driveway I lose sound from FM radio.  Switch the station to another FM channel and I get sound back, change back to original station and sound is there still.  I suppose it could be the radio station but it seems to happen to frequently.  Almost half the mornings.  Sometimes happens after starting the car to come home from work as well.  Anybody else seen this?

May not be the same problem but some have experienced a delay in several control entities such as Audio / Nav due to the unit either booting up and/or connecting to the network with Wifi/Onstar. I have started my vehicle and I have had no audio until I pull out on to the roadway. Some vehicles I believe just take more time to establish the operating mode for the driver.

Put me in, coach, I'm ready to play!  Same damn issue here.  Worked great yesterday, just so happened to have an hour ride to the airport today, and no audio the whole ride.  I didn't even think to check for the updates status.  Just had the truck about two weeks, coming from the previous generation, theres still things I'm learning...

6 hours ago, SteveCZ said:

Put me in, coach, I'm ready to play!  Same damn issue here.  Worked great yesterday, just so happened to have an hour ride to the airport today, and no audio the whole ride.  I didn't even think to check for the updates status.  Just had the truck about two weeks, coming from the previous generation, theres still things I'm learning...

It is not what you want to hear but....Turn it off and let it sit for awhile and it should reset itself and operate.

• 1 year later...

Just did the update 0n a 2019 silverado and it said completed however the radio has no sound the radio will sometimes go blank and not turn on for hours hope the update fixes this and sound comes back if problem persist I will trade to Ford after being a loyal GM customer for many years

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Just bought a 2021 Chevy Colorado.  Test drove a few so somehow managed to not try the radio before purchasing.  Drove off the lot and radio doesn't work.  No sound from AM, FM, Sirius or Bluetooth connection.  Will make chimes when changing settings so speakers do work.  Dealership has had it for a week and a half trying to resolve with no luck.  Replaced the radio and still no sound. GM says it is a programming issue and there is no timeline for when they might have a fix.  Anyone else experience this? 

My 2021 7" infotainment does this once in a while. It actually did it yesterday when I went to leave for work. Luckily I just have to turn the truck off and lock the doors then wait a minute for the computer to shut down. Literally takes about 1 minute then restart the truck and the stereo works again. 

I am ready for my first oil change so I will have them perform the latest infotainment update that I have been hearing about. Hopefully that does fix this silly issue. 

• 2 months later...

I have a 2021 Silverado 2500HD.  They have already replaced the infotainment center once and it is doing it again!  All sound just shuts off.  Last time it just didn’t come back on.   I heard there is a class action lawsuit but don’t know if my truck is part of it!