Adding light bar.....

My truck doesn’t have the lights in the mirrors. I am wanting to replace my headlight switch with one that operates the mirror lights and want to tie the light bar to that switch. Is this possible?

1 hour ago, OldDawg45 said:

My truck doesn’t have the lights in the mirrors. I am wanting to replace my headlight switch with one that operates the mirror lights and want to tie the light bar to that switch. Is this possible?

I'm going to be installing a light bar and ditch lights in the near future, can you provide a part # for the switch you're referring to, so I can check it out.  Thanks.

**Edit**

Is it the headlight switch with perimeter lighting? #84469521

**Edit 2**

Yep, that's it... Just went and checked my truck, that's the one little button I'm missing.

Awesome, will be nice to have light bar and ditch lights to come on when I press that.

Thanks for the idea!

Guess you can make this switch hot while driving.  Can you normally engage this switch while driving, if you did have perimeter lighting???

**Edit 3**

Crap, now I'm not sure if this will work.

Take a look at the back.  Looks like it just has a wire harness that would plug into it.  Does the factory harness plug for our trucks that don't come with perimeter lighting have a spot available to add wires for the additional switch????  And even if it did, l doubt just adding wires to the plug would do anything.  Assume this harness goes to a computer probably?

852211022d1c668605afee9074fea627.jpg

Here's a pic of the front, just for informational purposes.

872d5ac43d7aa0680ab2fe0078274393.jpg

Edited by Swiftks

9 hours ago, Swiftks said:

Bump for discussion. ?

what Led light bar are you going with , are you going behind the gill . ANY info will be helpful . 

9 hours ago, Swiftks said:

Bump for discussion. ?

1 hour ago, slj2008 said:

what Led light bar are you going with , are you going behind the gill . ANY info will be helpful . 

I was more talking about, what it would take to incorporate the light bar into the perimeter switch.  But since you asked, think I'm going to get both the Baja Designs pillar lights and S8 20" light bar behind the grill.

25 minutes ago, Swiftks said:

I was more talking about, what it would take to incorporate the light bar into the perimeter switch.  But since you asked, think I'm going to get both the Baja Designs pillar lights and S8 20" light bar behind the grill.

Thank You - For the information .  on my 2015 I had  a 32" behind the grill . to big for this truck , NO room

On 11/23/2019 at 8:04 PM, Swiftks said:

I'm going to be installing a light bar and ditch lights in the near future, can you provide a part # for the switch you're referring to, so I can check it out.  Thanks.

**Edit**

Is it the headlight switch with perimeter lighting? #84469521

**Edit 2**

Yep, that's it... Just went and checked my truck, that's the one little button I'm missing.

Awesome, will be nice to have light bar and ditch lights to come on when I press that.

Thanks for the idea!

Guess you can make this switch hot while driving.  Can you normally engage this switch while driving, if you did have perimeter lighting???

**Edit 3**

Crap, now I'm not sure if this will work.

Take a look at the back.  Looks like it just has a wire harness that would plug into it.  Does the factory harness plug for our trucks that don't come with perimeter lighting have a spot available to add wires for the additional switch????  And even if it did, l doubt just adding wires to the plug would do anything.  Assume this harness goes to a computer probably?

Here's a pic of the front, just for informational purposes.

I think you'll also need to program the computer since that's what's needed to be done to add fog lights and cargo bed lights to the truck. But maybe you don't? I'd ask your local dealer and see if they can shed some light.

• 2 years later...