Tires

Hey guys I am torn between 3 tires. Michelin LTX, Hankook Dynapro, and Toyo Open Country AT2. I drive mostly on the highway and interstate but I travel long distances for work and i only go off-road when hunting or scouting. What’s a long lasting tire that is good on wet and slippery surfaces without getting another street tread?(Currently got the stock Michelin Energy Saver and they’re horrible on a wet road and really worn at 40k) thanks! 

I can’t speak of the Toyos or the LTX, however, I can say something regarding the Dynapros. I had them for 52k on my ‘14. I liked them the first winter but hated them the second.

While I had enough tread to probably go a third winter, I couldn’t get them off the truck fast enough.

They felt like they had 0 grip after that first winter.

Have a close look at the Continental Terrain Contact A/T. You seem to be looking for everything I was. I just had them put on, and so far absolutely love them. I just made a post on the tires yesterday.

• Like 1

Hey guys I am torn between 3 tires. Michelin LTX, Hankook Dynapro, and Toyo Open Country AT2. I drive mostly on the highway and interstate but I travel long distances for work and i only go off-road when hunting or scouting. What’s a long lasting tire that is good on wet and slippery surfaces without getting another street tread?(Currently got the stock Michelin Energy Saver and they’re horrible on a wet road and really worn at 40k) thanks! 

Toyo Open Country would be your best option. Michelin’s are great on highway but stink OffRoad, Dynpro are ok all around tires but lose wet traction quickly at 30-40% wear.

Sent from Above

Have a close look at the Continental Terrain Contact A/T. You seem to be looking for everything I was. I just had them put on, and so far absolutely love them. I just made a post on the tires yesterday.

Heard great things about them too.

Sent from Above

I have been very happy with the Toyo AT2, great traction, ice, snow and mud. Smooth and quiet running, good warranty, although never had to use it. In fact I have never had to do anything with them other then rotate. 

Toyo Open Country is Nice and quiet. 
+65kmile warranty.
Anyone try Nitto Grappler G2 All Terrains?

+65k warranty. (Not Nitto Ridge grappler)
I’m running 285/45/22 right now! Not a Huge tire.  Of course keep them rotated. But They sure do last and wear evenly. I’ve never hydroplaned in rain. I usually travel at high speeds too. (I be that guy)

My next set will be 33/12.5/22 Nitto

My top 2 All Terrain Tires

Edited by NaliSteve22
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hotdogg said:

Falken Wildpeak AT3W, beats all the rest, 60k warranty 

IMO, warranty isn’t the focus, reliability and traction especially during wet seasons is. In tires, you get what you pay for, siping is key to wet traction but not only when new, 60k miles down the road won’t matter if you’ve lost wet traction at 15k-20k miles. AT tires that have extra deep siping are the best choice, most tires, even cheap tires work pretty well first season of the year run, it’s the performance and depth of siping as well as the Silica enhanced rubber compounds that make the world of difference.

Good luck and Merry Christmas [emoji320][emoji319]

Sent from Above

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here’s a video explaining the General Tire X3 and you’ll be able to have a better understanding as to what makes it a far superior tire to many AT’s and MT’s. Pay attention to the “Full Depth Siping” and not half ass siping that many tire companies mislead consumers on the sipes.

My Nitto Ridge Grapplers were awesome first 10-15k miles, look at the half ass siping that’s not even straight through the lugs, tires are excellent offroading but slide on wet blacktop easily. 2ebc4116b7e63f64cb5aa72f63498c87.plist

Sent from Above