Instant Shutter Fix 8 speed

2 minutes ago, High Country 6.2L/8 said:

I've done the fluid swap a year ago with Amsoil ATF and a relearn and disabled AFM with Range no issues. Was just curious about adding this product yes or no?

I wouldn't add anything.  You already have a high quality synthetic in there.  All should be good.  :)

9 minutes ago, Nitrousbird said:

By "Instant Shutter Fix" do you mean this product:

https://www.lubegard.com/products/isf/

Instant Shudder Fixx (yes, two X's for some dumb reason).  I wouldn't dare until trying the newest fluid flush.

Yes, and a follower said that since I was using a Top tier fluid like Amsoil ATF there's no need to use it.

22 minutes ago, High Country 6.2L/8 said:

Yes, and a follower said that since I was using a Top tier fluid like Amsoil ATF there's no need to use it.

GM has went through several revisions of fluid and had the current formula created specifically  for this issue.  I wouldn't pull the Amsoil if there isn't a shudder issue, but if there is I wouldn't put this additive in it.  If Amsoil had the answer, I'm sure GM would have been interested in licensing their solution or purchasing from them...

9 minutes ago, Nitrousbird said:

GM has went through several revisions of fluid and had the current formula created specifically  for this issue.  I wouldn't pull the Amsoil if there isn't a shudder issue, but if there is I wouldn't put this additive in it.  If Amsoil had the answer, I'm sure GM would have been interested in licensing their solution or purchasing from them...

I put Amsoil ATF in my 17 High Country 6.2L last year because of slight vibration/ shudder long before this so called Mobil fix for the issue. Guess what no more issues after Amsoil went in. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, High Country 6.2L/8 said:

I put Amsoil ATF in my 17 High Country 6.2L last year because of slight vibration/ shudder long before this so called Mobil fix for the issue. Guess what no more issues after Amsoil went in. 

Then why are you asking about an additive?

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I have had mine drained and replaced 4 times and the shudder always returns after about ten thousand miles. I am about to replace with AMSOIL and add 20 ounces of the shudderguard additive below. I will let everyone know if it helps. Mine only has a very slight shudder around 80 mph when cruising. Its seems that the shudder guard is added protection and I am more curious than anything. A dealer in KY did a quick relearn on my 8 speed and it really helped the 1-2 bang shift so if I can just get the shudder fixed I will be thrilled. 

GM-8-speed-shudder-flyer_all_sizes_2.pdf

On 1/1/2020 at 8:45 PM, Nitrousbird said:

If Amsoil had the answer, I'm sure GM would have been interested in licensing their solution or purchasing from them...

GM wouldn't be interested because it would cost them more money.  They are not in the business to spend money but to only get the vehicle to the point that the warranty is no longer valid. So they can sell you a new vehicle.    Case in point, the new T1's should not have any issues but here we are still having issues. T1's are supposed to be a completely new platform and all around revised vehicle.  Also we still have rear windows that are leaking and have been happening for years. 

Edited by Black02Silverado
  • Like 2