2020 Dually Production start date -- anyone know?

I just left the dealer, I am south of Calgary, so this is a Canadian answer.  I have the owner and sales manager both in a meeting, I ordered mine early October, they are telling me it wont probably be built for 4-5 months.  Dually production starts January 21, 20 per brand trucks are getting built for Canada then we wait.  My dealer has one they ordered in the summer for another customer that has walked away and so I got asked if I wanted my name put on it for now.  I did, but it's a little different, I got told mid to late feb it should come in. 

I also asked when 2021's would be showing up and got told they are probably doing a long run on these so late fall or winter was their guess. 

This is my first GM HD truck, it's for my business and is replacing a 2016 ram 3500 that is getting close to 200k km's.  This whole delay and such while not the dealers fault has left a sour taste, the strike was 5 weeks if memory serves me right, it should not throw them out 3-4 months of production.

2 hours ago, DuallyBen said:

I just left the dealer, I am south of Calgary, so this is a Canadian answer.  I have the owner and sales manager both in a meeting, I ordered mine early October, they are telling me it wont probably be built for 4-5 months.  Dually production starts January 21, 20 per brand trucks are getting built for Canada then we wait.  My dealer has one they ordered in the summer for another customer that has walked away and so I got asked if I wanted my name put on it for now.  I did, but it's a little different, I got told mid to late feb it should come in. 

I also asked when 2021's would be showing up and got told they are probably doing a long run on these so late fall or winter was their guess. 

This is my first GM HD truck, it's for my business and is replacing a 2016 ram 3500 that is getting close to 200k km's.  This whole delay and such while not the dealers fault has left a sour taste, the strike was 5 weeks if memory serves me right, it should not throw them out 3-4 months of production.

I would suggest talking to another dealer about how long it would take them to get allocation for ordering your truck.  You might be able to get it sooner...

From what I was lead to believe the allocation is being given to the USA after our initial run, Canadian duallies being built after have no timeline of when.  If I could wait 3-4 months I would wait, truck is for my business, it has a trailer behind it atleast 6 of the 7 days of the week and needs to get replaced.

If you go to the GMC website, build a dually, then search nationwide, there's a bunch that say they're in transit.  There was a dealer in Alabama of all places that actually has one in stock, last I looked.  A black one.  There were pictures and everything.  I was kind of looking for a long bed SRW 3500 a while back.  I contacted a dealer in Tulsa about one and they called me today to let me know it was here but I already bought a short bed.  They're coming!  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jjackkrash said:

If these are hitting the lot we need more pics!  

Do a design/build, the from the summary at the end hit the search for inventory and it should find ones near the postal code you entered.

3 or 4 high country duallies (and a bunch of srw's) showed up near 48060.

Trucks found this way will likely have a bunch of photos put up at the dealer link.

Example - 

https://www.chevrolet.com/locate-inventory/silverado-3500hd/details?x-symbolic=vdp&x-carline=silverado&x-modelyear=2020&q-sourcepath=/vdccollections/2020/trucks/silverado/silverado-3500-hd/jcr:content/vdcVehicleInfoBlockConfig/vdcShoppingLinks#?conditions=New&includeNearMatches=true&locale=en_US&makes=Chevrolet&models=Silverado 3500 HD&trims=High Country DRW&rearWheels=Dual&bodyStyles=Crew Cab&drivetrainCode=4WD&boxType=Long Bed&years=2020&mechanicalCodes=G9Y&mechanicalCodes=MGM&mechanicalCodes=GU6&mechanicalCodes=K05&mechanicalCodes=KHF&mechanicalCodes=K40&engineCodes=L5P&wheelsCodes=RS7&tiresCodes=QZT&exteriorOptionCodes=ZZT&exteriorOptionCodes=BHP&exteriorOptionCodes=U01&exteriorColorCodes=GJI&seatTypeCodes=A50&interiorColorCodes=H2U&radioCodes=IOT&packageCodes=PDM&packageCodes=CWM&packageCodes=CMT&packageCodes=PDJ&packageCodes=PDB&interiorSafetyCodes=PTT&radius=100&postalcode=48202&requestedPostalcode=48202&scrollposition=701.5999755859375&vin=1GC4YUEY3LF184562&filtermatched=nearmatch&filtermatchedcount=19&filternotmatchcount=7&filternotmatchedstring=Box: Long Bed|Trim: High Country DRW|Color: Shadow Gray Metallic|Color: Jet Black, Perforated leather-appointed front seat trim|Exterior Options: Dual, 220 amp and 170 amp each alternators|Packages: High Country Deluxe|Packages: Dark Essentials Package&filtermatchedstring=Cab: Crew Cab|Drive Type: 4WD|Exterior Options: 17" forged polished aluminum wheels|Exterior Options: 17" LT235/80R17E all-terrain, blackwall tires|Exterior Options: 14,000 lbs. GVWR|Exterior Options: Allison<sup>®</sup> 10-speed automatic transmission|Exterior Options: 3.42 rear axle ratio|Exterior Options: Engine block heater|Exterior Options: Diesel exhaust brake|Exterior Options: 17" LT235/80R17E all-terrain, blackwall spare tire|Exterior Options: Winter Grille Cover|Exterior Options: Smoked Amber LED roof marker lamps|Interior Options: Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Premium System with Navigation and 8" diagonal HD color touchscreen|Interior Options: Trailer Tire Pressure and Temperature Sensors|Packages: Technology Package|Packages: Gooseneck / 5th Wheel Package|Packages: Safety Package II|Powertrain: 6.6L Duramax Turbo-Diesel V8 engine&primarydealerdistance=29.5&bac=115093&pagenumber=1&dealerSearchBy=bac&open-panel=Hours&primarydealerid=115093&primarydealerpostalcode=48346&[email protected]&primarydealername=JOHN BOWMAN CHEVROLET, INC.&primarydealerphone=2486255071

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all the posts guys.

Got a call yesterday from my dealer -- my order is going in next Thursday, should be at 2000 by weekend, maybe 3000 with TPW a week later (TPW maybe 2nd week of March), delivery mid to late April -- all just guesses but maybe close -- either way, should have it for camping season.

• Like 1