Wheel spacers?

I like the look of the stock rims, my LT TB came with the 20" upgraded wheels...  But I wouldn't mind moving them out a bit with a set of hub centric wheel spacers.  Seems that the local 4WheelParts store has severa, types in stock... Just wondering what a good size is...  I want to put the wheels out a bit, give it a bit wider stance...  Don't want to cause issues with handling or excessive wear on bearings and things and I don't want to have to cut the stock lugs or whatever...  Hoping that there is some magic size that you just bolt them on and go?

29 minutes ago, SquireSCA said:

I like the look of the stock rims, my LT TB came with the 20" upgraded wheels...  But I wouldn't mind moving them out a bit with a set of hub centric wheel spacers.  Seems that the local 4WheelParts store has severa, types in stock... Just wondering what a good size is...  I want to put the wheels out a bit, give it a bit wider stance...  Don't want to cause issues with handling or excessive wear on bearings and things and I don't want to have to cut the stock lugs or whatever...  Hoping that there is some magic size that you just bolt them on and go?

I just got some BORA spacers on today.... They're the most popular brand on the forums for our silverados.  Made n USA, top quality.

If you just want hub centric spacers, you can get their 3/8" spacers, which will use the stock lugs and bolts.  Otherwise, you have to go up to a 1.5" spacer, or you'll have to grind off the extra stock lug bolts sticking out.  The Trail Boss wheels have pockets on the back side of the wheels that are able to fit 1.25" wide spacers, and require no trimming of the stock bolts... which is the size I got.  Not sure if this size will work on other stock wheels or not... have to see if there's room on the back side of the wheel for the stock lugs protruding out to fit in.

So to answer your question, with BORA spacers you can more or less go with .25" or .375" spacers with stock lugs or jump up to 1.5" (maybe 1.25" depending on wheel), without having to trim the lug bolts.

Here are some pics:

20200103_125007.thumb.jpg.21571c6a19cc3633a2cf0eaae9a27ffb.jpg

20200103_132938.thumb.jpg.ae858547f425f59325a358c044b60238.jpg20200103_132944.thumb.jpg.bcd28aa571cf40972ef9c0edf7cdd13b.jpg

20200103_171435.thumb.jpg.0d7bed5abbd802fb4fae21b163ea6f96.jpg20200103_171500.thumb.jpg.a370a9fe9f32961cdc2e42a912c6c37a.jpg

20200103_172353.thumb.jpg.ac2273c11ae36bac8e055c1fa04f60b5.jpg

1 minute ago, lapoolboy said:

What size tires?  Do they clear up front throughout the turning radius?

Me?  I have stock TB tires/wheels 275/65-18.  No rubbing anywhere.  I have a 2" level kit though too.

Just now, lapoolboy said:

Cool.  I have LTZ with 4" so I should be good too.  How much stud sticks out past spacer?

Didn't measure, guess I should have... If you look at the pic, doesn't look like more than 1/2".  They fit in pocket on back of TB wheels no problem though.

My tires are the stock size, I upgraded to better tires, but kept the stock size of 275/60r20

So 1.5 will give me a noticeable change in stance, allow me to use my stock lug nuts, etc...

The ones that I linked to...  will they work?  Decent brand?

26 minutes ago, lapoolboy said:

Thanks bud

After thinking about it for a minute... They can't be much more than .25" outside the spacers, because 1.5" spacers will fit ALL the stock Chevy wheels without any cutting, and the ones I got are 1.25" spacers, so math suggest they aren't sticking out much more than a 1/4 inch.

Edited by Swiftks

17 minutes ago, SquireSCA said:

My tires are the stock size, I upgraded to better tires, but kept the stock size of 275/60r20

So 1.5 will give me a noticeable change in stance, allow me to use my stock lug nuts, etc...

The ones that I linked to...  will they work?  Decent brand?

1.5" will bring the tires out for sure.  Not sure what you mean about using the stock lugs.... If you go over 3/8" wide spacer, you'll be bolting the spacer to the stock lug bolts, and then the wheels to the spacers with the stock lug nuts, as pictured above.

Can't speak to other brands, sorry.  I went with what others have reported as being a reputable brand, and have worked for others (BORA).  They're not cheap, mine were $255 w/shipping.... But I kind figure it's one of those things you don't want to go bargain hunting for, and you get what you pay for.  Just Google the brand you're looking at and look for reviews.

Edited by Swiftks

I will go talk to the guys at 4WP tomorrow and see what they think.  I might need them to install them, can't imagine it would take long, but I don;t have a floor jack that will lift my truck to allow me to do it at home...

Well, I guess the jack that came with the truck, for tire changes would have to work, right?  haha

5 minutes ago, SquireSCA said:

I will go talk to the guys at 4WP tomorrow and see what they think.  I might need them to install them, can't imagine it would take long, but I don;t have a floor jack that will lift my truck to allow me to do it at home...

Well, I guess the jack that came with the truck, for tire changes would have to work, right?  haha

Yeah, I went down to local mechanic shop near my house, took 20 minutes, charged me $20.  Could have done it myself, but wasn't worth the time and effort for $20.

I'd also suggest putting some loctite on the stock lug bolts and will now hold the spacers, so they won't get loose.  Supposed to take the wheels off after a couple hundred miles and check that they're still torqued to spec too.  Torque both spacer lugs and wheel lugs to factory 140 ft. lbs.

Edited by Swiftks
  • Like 1