Satellite Signal Lost

Every week or so, I get a message on the screen "Satellite Signal Lost" when I start the pickup. Sirius will eventually reconnect after turning the pickup off and  waiting a few minutes before restarting it. Is this normal and everyone is putting up with it or do I possibly have a problem that I need to get taken care of by the dealer?

I am having this issue as well.... and I have lost signal during a light snowfall.  I contacted Sirius and they told me this is NOT normal, and that it needs to be resolved by the Dealer likely through a radio replacement.  I would contact yours to discuss, and have a diary of 'events' if possible.,....    

• 4 months later...
On 1/5/2020 at 8:01 PM, Divide Wee said:

Every week or so, I get a message on the screen "Satellite Signal Lost" when I start the pickup. Sirius will eventually reconnect after turning the pickup off and  waiting a few minutes before restarting it. Is this normal and everyone is putting up with it or do I possibly have a problem that I need to get taken care of by the dealer?

My AT4 is brand new and doing exactly what yours was. Did you find a solution?

The dealer replaced the shark antenna without fixing the problem. The dealer ordered a cable running from the antenna to the radio after talking to Chevy. The cable is not available at this time. I feel that this is a software problem due to the fact it will work properly after the restart.

I really don't want the dealer tearing the interior trim apart to replace something I don't believe will correct the issue.

Mine did it once in a while, dealer told me it's a radio software issue and updated radio program about a week ago. So far so good, but mine had a mind of it's own as to when it would get stuck in searching for signal on xm.

On 5/15/2020 at 6:03 PM, Divide Wee said:

The dealer replaced the shark antenna without fixing the problem. The dealer ordered a cable running from the antenna to the radio after talking to Chevy. The cable is not available at this time. I feel that this is a software problem due to the fact it will work properly after the restart.

I really don't want the dealer tearing the interior trim apart to replace something I don't believe will correct the issue.

That’s exactly why I asked. There’s no way I would end up with paw prints on my headliner.

On 5/15/2020 at 9:38 PM, dawg99 said:

Mine did it once in a while, dealer told me it's a radio software issue and updated radio program about a week ago. So far so good, but mine had a mind of it's own as to when it would get stuck in searching for signal on xm.

Less then a week later, it went out again.

XM has been updating their stuff lately, I noticed even in my 08 the other day when going to change a channel, "update in progress"  and channel was unavailable for awhile.  But have not had the loss of signal issue. 

We might have some mild to moderate solar flare activity going on. 

• 2 months later...

any update on this?  My two month old AT4 is doing the same...about 2x per week.  seems to work again after 1 or 2 restarts. Quite annoying.

Edited by ajs800

• 1 month later...

a new aftermarket radio, most likely :(  Man that sucks!!  I love XM.  My life has been far more enjoyable ever since abandoning the shitty AM and FM stations and their shitty commercials. 

Edited by Colossus

my 2020 does the same thing, took it to dealer last week and they flashed it again. Now its WAY worse, at one point it lost the radio ID for a day, the screen goes black for a bit and it started fake dropping cell calls ( going to radio during a call and then returning to the call). The NAV is horrible all the time.