GMC version of RST

Is there a GMC Sierra version of the RST? I like the Silverado, but love the new Sierra. I am eyeballing an RST with the 6.2, maybe in a few years, after all the leaky windows are fixed and the new interior design. Is there GMC version? I like the AT4 too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RST and LTtrailboss are postioned between LT and LTZ

Traditional LT= SLE and LTZ=SLT

Elevation is between SLE and SLT

So, if you consider Elevation to be like RST, then the answer is yes.

The AT4 is positioned between the SLT and Denali, which would be like being between LTZ and High Country.

At the end of the day, the are all just different GM trims. 14 trims in all, for the 1500 series pickups. 

The chassis are the same for both divisions.

6 minutes ago, smrr1 said:

Elevation is equal to the custom. Gmc does not have a slot for a sport style truck between sle and slt. The rst slots between the Lt and Ltz. 

Given that you can't even get the bench seat with storage in the Custom, I highly doubt that. 

Really stupid GM won’t offer mono painted bumpers on the SLT. Another small reason why RAM took market share from them. Ohh and that awful interior. 

Edited by f8l vnm

10 hours ago, spizike9 said:

Really wish you could get the ACC and 6.2 in the Elevation. 

That's because the Elevation is really a SLE+ and you have to get an SLT, AT4 or Denali to get a 6.2L engine.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, elcamino said:

That's because the Elevation is really a SLE+ and you have to get an SLT, AT4 or Denali to get a 6.2L engine.

Correct. Which is stupid. GM is always playing games. Meanwhile I can get an RST with the 6.2. Or better yet, the Custom Trail Boss. (Lifted Work Truck) 

Another reason why Ford out sells Chevrolet and GMC on an individual brand basis and sometimes on the combined basis is because you can get every engine and transmission combo on every trim. Thankfully GM has finally lightened up a little and is expanding their engine line up. 

3 minutes ago, spizike9 said:

Correct. Which is stupid. GM is always playing games. Meanwhile I can get an RST with the 6.2. Or better yet, the Custom Trail Boss. (Lifted Work Truck) 

Another reason why Ford out sells Chevrolet and GMC on an individual brand basis and sometimes on the combined basis is because you can get every engine and transmission combo on every trim. Thankfully GM has finally lightened up a little and is expanding their engine line up. 

Just be aware that the Custom is really stripped down. No storage in the jump seat. No fog lights. It's fine if that's what you want in a truck but lots of guys have come on here surprised at what their Custom is missing after they bought it. 

2 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Just be aware that the Custom is really stripped down. No storage in the jump seat. No fog lights. It's fine if that's what you want in a truck but lots of guys have come on here surprised at what their Custom is missing after they bought it. 

Yep, that’s my point. You can get a stripped down version with a lift in the 6.2 but you can’t get an elevation with it. Does not make sense. GM can do such a great job on something like Corvette, but then botch their biggest money maker. Mary needs to go as CEO. 

• Like 1