2017 Denali Ultimate, any common problems? Canceling extended warranty.

I recently purchased a 2017 Denali ultimate with the 6.2, 37,000 miles and when I was in finance they guy sold me on an extended warranty. He ended up charging me $4,900 for it! My wife was telling me to do it but the price was a shock to both of us. If I cancel in the first 30 days I can get a full refund.
Now I was wondering is there any common problems happening with these trucks with 100,000 miles or more? Ive worked on cars most of my life, ASE certified, so I know what I’m doing under a hood. With my mechanical skill level I think I would be good to cancel it, just trying to gather thought and opinions. Thanks. 

I recently purchased a 2017 Denali ultimate with the 6.2, 37,000 miles and when I was in finance they guy sold me on an extended warranty. He ended up charging me $4,900 for it! My wife was telling me to do it but the price was a shock to both of us. If I cancel in the first 30 days I can get a full refund.
Now I was wondering is there any common problems happening with these trucks with 100,000 miles or more? Ive worked on cars most of my life, ASE certified, so I know what I’m doing under a hood. With my mechanical skill level I think I would be good to cancel it, just trying to gather thought and opinions. Thanks. 

I’ve never paid more than 1K. I’d cancel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depending on the terms, it may be worth it.  My wife's Cadillac CTS had some ECM issues out of the gate to the point that we had lost faith in the car (left her stranded on the side of the road twice).  The dealership agreed to apply a 'Platinum' extended warranty to give my wife some peace of mind on the car.  The paperwork said that warranty should have cost us $9K, but it is bumper to bumper for 100K miles.  The last ECM issue was at ~26K miles, so her car is covered bumper to bumper till it hits ~126K miles.

I wouldn't have paid that for an extended warranty, but it's good peace of mind to have on a car that had its issues early on.

I'd read the terms of the warranty and see whta all it covers and whether or not that's actually worth $4,500 to you.

One fairly common problem that you will find talked about is the Magnetic ride control.  Seems to fail fairly often and is VERY expensive to fix.  You may or may not have it.  Just mentioning it.

57 minutes ago, paracutin said:

One fairly common problem that you will find talked about is the Magnetic ride control.  Seems to fail fairly often and is VERY expensive to fix.  You may or may not have it.  Just mentioning it.

Well neither powertrain or extended warranty cover shocks and struts so that’s that. What kind of failure, leaking struts and stuff, or electronic failure? 

13 hours ago, Darmichar said:

Depending on the terms, it may be worth it.  My wife's Cadillac CTS had some ECM issues out of the gate to the point that we had lost faith in the car (left her stranded on the side of the road twice).  The dealership agreed to apply a 'Platinum' extended warranty to give my wife some peace of mind on the car.  The paperwork said that warranty should have cost us $9K, but it is bumper to bumper for 100K miles.  The last ECM issue was at ~26K miles, so her car is covered bumper to bumper till it hits ~126K miles.

I wouldn't have paid that for an extended warranty, but it's good peace of mind to have on a car that had its issues early on.

I'd read the terms of the warranty and see whta all it covers and whether or not that's actually worth $4,500 to you.

Right, just like ford heads have their spark plug issues, I was wondering if anything like that is noticed on these 6.2L motors. 

50 minutes ago, LshizzleJ said:

Well neither powertrain or extended warranty cover shocks and struts so that’s that. What kind of failure, leaking struts and stuff, or electronic failure? 

Actually, certain warranties do.  The Platinum warranty from Cadillac covers them up to 100k miles.  We have no idea what kind of warranty you have or exactly what is covers.  You asked about common problems.  That is a fairly common issue from the messages on different boards.  I'm sure you can ask the dealer if they are covered or not.

Edited by paracutin

Wow, I guess they thought since you wanted the ultimate, you were willing to pay the ultimate price (lol, swayze ode). Shocks and 8 speed tranny shutter are the main issues. I seem to think the tranny has a new fluid to fix - at least on the trucks, while most are converting the shocks to non magnetic. Neither is close to $5k. When you cancel, it goes back to dealer unless you refinance (I refied)...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, paracutin said:

Actually, certain warranties do.  The Platinum warranty from Cadillac covers them up to 100k miles.  We have no idea what kind of warranty you have or exactly what is covers.  You asked about common problems.  That is a fairly common issue from the messages on different boards.  I'm sure you can ask the dealer if they are covered or not.

Correct, my wife's car is literally covered for anything under the sun for 100K miles now because of the Platinum warranty the Dealer put on it to keep from having to buy it back. 

That's why I said check the coverage to see if it's worth $4K to you or not.  It may cover menial stuff that will add up in the long run.