Reaching out to see if anyone else has experienced this. I have a 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 All Terrain with the 5.3. I’m having problems with starting this thing from time to time. It will run fine for a few days and fire right up every time I get in it. However some days on a cold start or after driving awhile and stopping, when I get in to start it up I got all dash lights are working, except I notice my MPG history is erased (which tells me we’re in trouble) then I get messages on the dash that reads, service trailer brake system, service stabilitrac, power steering reduced. Then the check engine light will appear. When I try to crank everything goes black and I’m not hearing clicks from the engine. After I let it set for about 5 minutes it will fire right up no hesitation. I run the codes on it and there’s is a laundry list of codes, which the GMC dealership is saying they’re all low voltage codes...so we swap the battery truck, it  runs fine for about a week and a half and then starts doing the same thing. Alternator is ok because I can see it recharging the amps on the truck....any ideas as to why might cause all this? I’m desparate!!! 

Edited by Bigpapa
Update

My 2014 did the same thing, after putting in a new battery - I tracked it down to the negative cable on battery itself. There is a ton with the same issue - the factory crimps are weak, thus loss of power at times.

I ran a complete new cable - no issue inside a year now. Some run a 2nd wire to ground as a fix too.

Yes Spendit is on it. Some had bad neg cables, mine had a loose terminal and a loose ground by the engine, but some cables themselves are junk. Tighten up that cable and ground, if no luck replace that cable.

Could be a BCM issue if none of that works.  

My 2014 did the same thing, after putting in a new battery - I tracked it down to the negative cable on battery itself. There is a ton with the same issue - the factory crimps are weak, thus loss of power at times.

I ran a complete new cable - no issue inside a year now. Some run a 2nd wire to ground as a fix too.

You got it! Truck needs battery cables all day

May as well be a maintenance item on these trucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk