Selecting rear view camera for quick view while driving

wacnstac

Hello,

I have the HD camera in back with two views (one straight down at the hitch and the normal one looking straight back.  While driving and selecting the rear view camera for a quick view, I am always stuck with looking at the camera pointing straight down at the hitch.  I can't seem to successfully select the camera looking straight back while moving forward for a quick look.  What am I doing wrong?

I’m able to get the rear camera to come up while driving by bringing up the main menu (home button?)and there is a selection for camera (possibly need to scroll right to see it) and the rear camera pops up while driving. Now I just have a LT TB with just the back up camera on the tailgate so I’m sure others have other options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Ajayen said:

I’m able to get the rear camera to come up while driving by bringing up the main menu (home button?)and there is a selection for camera (possibly need to scroll right to see it) and the rear camera pops up while driving. Now I just have a LT TB with just the back up camera on the tailgate so I’m sure others have other options.

I was able to do this once as well, but can no longer do so.  All I get now if the camera facing down at the hitch.  The other options are grayed out.

1 hour ago, wacnstac said:

I was able to do this once as well, but can no longer do so.  All I get now if the camera facing down at the hitch.  The other options are grayed out.

Mine allows me to do this in drive, but I have to be at a stop (i.e. at a light). If my truck is moving, I only get the hitch.

I can view both while moving. I can switch between the hitch view and the rear view in motion for 8 seconds at a time. I get front view, rear bed view, tailgate rear and hitch.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 10:59 PM, romclean1 said:

I can view both while moving. I can switch between the hitch view and the rear view in motion for 8 seconds at a time. I get front view, rear bed view, tailgate rear and hitch.

same here

Yeah I have the trailering  package and my son loves to use it in motion to see "who's at our six" Must be a difference in the HD and non HD camera package.

I wish it was a longer time (15-20 secs would be good) but I’m happy they provided some access while in motion.

On 2/19/2020 at 11:20 PM, bdsilverado said:

I to wish it was for a longer period of time. 30 seconds or just on as long as you want 

It's kinda like that annoying warning that pops up and you have to hit ok. The timer is so you don't focus on whats behind you while running into whats in front of you.