2018 Silverado 5.3 Liter Oil Capacity

18 minutes ago, HeySkippyDog said:

Dude, the Delco filter is garbage compared to the aftermarket.

Sent from my SM-J810F using Tapatalk

Dude , just showing how cheap it is I use these..

3000 mile oil change interval the Delco is fine.

Change your oil early and often. I'm doing both my 5.3s at 3500-4000 miles. Oil is cheap. It's easy to do to. The dealer or Valvoline or any of them jiffy lube are a rip off.

I just showed my youngest daughter how to do it on her Mazda 3. She wants to do it herself now. She wanted to know everything under the hood .

Guess who buys the oil ? And tires, etc . At least I know it's done right and she isn't getting robbed.

Screenshot_20200216-205906.png

8 quarts already .
No need to explain. 
Welcome to the site Mikey.[emoji16] 

I'll say it before someone else does. 8 of these.....
ASM.thumb.jpg.ac023ab74aaeccd1c4db2e78bc094b96.jpg

Spoken like a true expert!

Btw, I always pour in 8.2 quarts

Sent from Above

Napa Gold, better than Mobil1, capturing as small as 20 microns, Mobil1 catches 30+ microns. Napa gold is excellent for those that like to do short OCI’s

Sample of a 2017 5.3

6df196f0d3bce4164542b1f870b3a6b8.png

Sent from Above

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HeySkippyDog said:

Cut one open and look at it.

Sent from my SM-J810F using Tapatalk

Already have and it validates my UOA's which you will never achieve as low of an FE count as mine without one of these SO CALLED JUNK FILTERS?  They are Muy Bien!

1 hour ago, mookdoc6 said:

Are you 100% sure they are junk?  I think they are pretty slick....

Absolute: Filter Rating meaning 99.9% of the particles larger than a specified micron rating will be trapped on or within the filter. (Good luck getting that number and it is way larger than you think, like 35 to 45 micron) 

Nominal: Filter Rating indicating the approximate size particle, the majority of which will not pass through the filter.

A WIX 10255 (NAPA 100255) has a nominal rating of 21 Micron.

Traps 20 micron at a 95.0% efficiency which means 5% of all particles are larger than 20 micron. (See Absolute rating above)

Traps 6 micron at a 50% efficiency.  

An AC-Delco PF63E has a nominal rating of 25 Micron. 

4 micro is a difference of 0.00015748 inches!

Nothing wrong with the AC-Delco filter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IMO, There are multiple YouTube videos online that have cut open oem filters, it’s a toss up. It’s one thing what their ratings are from manufacturers, it’s another when it comes to real life testing as cardboard filters are NOT recommended as they’re inadequate for most synthetics in long OCI’s. I’d jump on a GM oem if doing 3k OCI’s but for the same $ the Napa Gold is a far superior synthetic blended filter.

Btw, I’ve seen the oem filters have nylon reinforced screens, cardboard with rubber anti-drain back which is very low quality as it’s pressed onto the cardboard filter which is NOT a good seal. To each their own, this is why there are so many filter manufacturers out there, start at the oem filters and improved with high end aftermarket, just know what you’re buying, micron ratings. Educate yourselves cause a brain is a terrible thing to waste lol.

Sent from Above

• Like 1

My 6.2 takes 8 quarts, I add 1/4 extra just for good measure lol.

2c060f69b6875395b856904302e6492e.jpg662fb075cda0e2c8e9f9599f7a8847b5.plist

Notice the excellent flow just at idle, woohoo Amsoil oil and filter allows much better flow than the Wix XP ever did and tons better than the oem too. .

Sent from Above