I love my 8 speed

3 hours ago, mcgee500 said:

I just ordered a 2020 Chevy silverado and other than this forum could not find anyone or any place that had anything bad to say about the 8 speed. I'm coming from a 2017 Chevy truck that I bought out of need because I wreck my 2009 and had to take what they had on the lot.  I talked with 3 friends that have them, I talked with the dealer and the service department. Could not find anyone  that didn't like the 8 speed. ?????

Simple reason for that......this is the Internet. If GM sells 50,000 units and there is a total dozen complaints of failure North America  wide; 11 will find their way here and there will be complaints of failure from over two dozen posters.

Came from a '16  5.3 AFM V8 six speed and never looked back. The '19s 5.3 DFM V8 eight speed shifts just as smooth, if not smoother, and it's not just my imagination that the T1 has a lot more pickup.....enjoy the ride!

Edited by Thomcat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Thomcat said:

Simple reason for that......this is the Internet. If GM sells 50,000 units and there is a total dozen complaints of failure North America  wide; 11 will find their way here and there will be complaints of failure from over two dozen posters.

Came from a '16  5.3 AFM V8 six speed and never looked back. The '19s 5.3 DFM V8 eight speed shifts just as smooth, if not smoother, and it's not just my imagination that the T1 has a lot more pickup.....enjoy the ride!

You're absolutely right.

10k and no issues on my 5.3 DFM w/8 speed. Occasional 1-2 hard shift like others, but smooth like butter and tow's great. Coming from a Ram 5.7 with 6 speed, i actually had no complaints with that either. My buddy just bought a used 2016 5.3 AFM with 6 speed, and sitting in the passenger seat i had to keep my mouth shut watching it hunt for gears going through the mountains...hes excited though, because he doesnt know better lol.