lift recommendations

posted in the suspension thread but didnt get any help.

currently running 20x10 -19 wheels with 295/55 ridge grappler tires and billstein 5100 shocks on top setting.

totally happy with everything for the past year and a half however tired of the shit thrown up the truck and when i installed everything i had to remove the front gatorback mudflaps due to rubbing. after trimming i only rub full lock reverse and sometimes going up on driveways. so ive picked up fender flares and would like to get some mud flaps back on that said i think i need a bit more clearance for the front i would really like to be able to keep my existing 5100 shocks if thats possible shouldnt need much more height in the front but not sure.

options im looking at are some

2.5-3" lift pucks, (aware ill need new upper control arms)

3.5-4" lift kits from various brands 

8b4cf128b9fd30348df03df97c46a776.jpg

Wish I could help, but it's not apples to apples, but close. I put a 5" RC bracket lift on my '17 and have bilstein's in the front at stock height and Fox in the rear on 20x9 19mm offset, fuel rims and 285/55R20 tires. When I got the tires, I only had the bilstein's up all the way and 295's rubbed. I will go 295 or 305 when new ones are needed. I also have WeatherTech mud flaps on. Again, not completely the same, but I do not have issues with rubbing or excess mud flung up on the panels/doors. The truck does not sag at the rear either, the angle I took the picture was horrible. LOL The 5" bracket lift is around $1100. Might find a deal here or there too. GL

IMG_0990.jpeg

I know everyone hates it but I've been running the Rough Country 3.5 knuckle lift kit for 15k mile. It raised the front 3.25" and rear 1.75".  No pinching of Upper, lower ball joints and tie rods. It rides just a hair stiffer in the front. No rubbing with 20x10 -19 and 33x12.5 toyo rt.20190424_194507.thumb.jpg.c0679460d10be4e508841baf45fef564.jpg

Edited by NWdirt

I know everyone hates it but I've been running the Rough Country 3.5 knuckle lift kit for 15k mile. It raised the front 3.25" and rear 1.75".  No pinching of Upper, lower ball joints and tie rods. It rides just a hair stiffer in the front. No rubbing with 20x10 -19 and 33x12.5 toyo rt.20190424_194507.thumb.jpg.c0679460d10be4e508841baf45fef564.jpg

Looks good, basically same setup as me for wheels and tires.

Thinking I might go with the 4” ready lift sst kit. Really want the zone 4.5 but requires welding . I can install the lift myself just no welding experience or welder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

It really isn't necessary to weld that piece in on the Zone kit. Most other kits don't even include that little piece of steel. The issue you may have with the Zone kit is that it increases your front track width 11/2" per side. So it will push your 10 wides out another 1  1/2". If that bothers you, you may be better off with the RC 5" bracket lift. It won't increase your track width, so your front  tires would be just as they are now. 

For daily driving how bad is front strut spacers and rear blocks. Obviously new leaf packs/add a leaf and proper length struts are better but I don’t take the truck off-road and I have 10 ply tires so my ride isn’t exactly great

Would the zone 1.5” body lift work for what I need in the bit more tire clearance

You would probably be better off going to the lowest setting on the Bilsteins and installing a 1" spacer under the strut and achieve 2" of lift up front and have a better ride. If you added the 1.5" body lift, that would get you 3 1/2" total and give you the clearance you need and ride better then that SST 4" kit. That 4" SST kit is just a stretched level and be a lot harder on the CVs, lower ball joints, and tie rods,

15 hours ago, Kyleorsini said:

Looks good, basically same setup as me for wheels and tires.

Thinking I might go with the 4” ready lift sst kit. Really want the zone 4.5 but requires welding . I can install the lift myself just no welding experience or welder.

im assuming your talking about the 4x4 lift from zone 4.5"??? ive read and reread the manual for the 2wd 4.5" lift and havent seen anywhere where welding is needed/required.

Why not just go 6.5" and not worry about any rubbing. 
These kits are decent and the ride is still pretty good. Not stiff like what you have now 
Screenshot_20200304-072314.thumb.png.04cd94342207e58bd9b658ed87ee27e4.png

Ill check it out.

im assuming your talking about the 4x4 lift from zone 4.5"??? ive read and reread the manual for the 2wd 4.5" lift and havent seen anywhere where welding is needed/required.

Correct 4x4

There’s also the high end CST 4.5” lift, it won’t widen your track width or turning radius and allows you to keep your stock wheels and tires up to 35”.

Here’s mine, 2018 CC, Standard Bed.
634c154f3ee8b35fd360d7e808875e0e.jpg

https://www.newlevelmotorsports.com/cskc3191.html?cmp=googleproducts&kw=cskc3191&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-KLHwYuB6AIViLzACh0lUQvLEAQYASABEgKbgfD_BwE

Uses your existing front shocks but will need to buy new rear shocks.

Sent from Above

You will wish you went more than 4" .

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Totally depends on what he’s trying to achieve. I went 4.5” specifically in order to be able to get into my garage, parking garages, older parking garages and also didn’t want to look like everyone else’s lifted truck. I wouldn’t change mine at all. Though I’m not a fan of them, there’s always the RC 5” Bracket Lift too, just don’t do any serious off-roading with it.

Sent from Above