New Toyo AT-III

Icutmetl

On 3/1/2020 at 10:15 AM, cheyenne383 said:

I will likely be putting these on my wife's Suburban in a few months, looking forward to comparing them to the BFG KO2s with 55k+ miles on them that are still doing well.

I’m interested in them for my 2500HD Duramax. There’s no mention on Toyo’s website of them having the 3PMS rating; I sent them a message using the “contact us” form asking about that. I’m a big fan of the KO2 and a few of the guys in my snowmobile crew run them, but I keep leaning towards the Grabber ATX because it’s got both a mileage and snow rating. 

Edit- Toyo replied and said that all sizes will feature the 3PMS, that the tire has a 2-ply sidewall, and will go on sale in April 2020.

Edited by Icutmetl

https://www.off-road.com/blog/toyo-open-country-a-t-iii-tires-preview/

Just thought I'd share. I don't need new tires, but I do like to see whats out there. Good looking tire! Curious to see how others like them after some real world use. If I needed new tires, they came in my size and I didnt like my Cooper's I might consider them.  ?

Thanks for sharing but they look just like all the AT Tires on the market but would be good to know how they do after their first 15K Miles as two separate sets of my Ridge Grapplers FAILED miserably at 15K miles, slipping was very bad in wet conditions. The siping seems to be an after thought on Nittos and Toyos as the lugs are durable but the siping wears out at that mileage and the slipping begins.

Sent from Above

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Thanks for sharing but they look just like all the AT Tires on the market but would be good to know how they do after their first 15K Miles as two separate sets of my Ridge Grapplers FAILED miserably at 15K miles, slipping was very bad in wet conditions. The siping seems to be an after thought on Nittos and Toyos as the lugs are durable but the siping wears out at that mileage and the slipping begins.

Sent from Above

I think you have this thread confused with one about Ridge Grapplers.

I think you have this thread confused with one about Ridge Grapplers.

Lol,

Not confused as they’re both sister companies with same afterthought spinning in all their tires. Don’t believe me, research yourself. Siping is meant as an exit point for moisture, be my guest to find moisture exits on either Nitto or Toyos AT. Siping with exit are functional as traction on wet roads enclosed siping with no exit for moisture only retains moisture creating a higher chance for hydroplaning.

Sent from Above

Just now, TXGREEK said:

Lol,

Not confused as they’re both sister companies with same afterthought spinning in all their tires. Don’t believe me, research yourself. Siping is meant as an exit point for moisture, be my guest to find moisture exits on either Nitto or Toyos AT. Siping with exit are functional as traction on wet roads enclosed siping with no exit for moisture only retains moisture creating a higher chance for hydroplaning.

Sent from Above

Woosh!!

Try comparing your favorite tires siping to the long time favorite KO2’s

574679c31bae10f395ac43122da2bbb6.jpg

In order for siping to work, there must be an exit point for water, not an enclosed channel. In addition, Toyos and Nittos siping look like after thoughts. BFGoodrich KO2’s siping are deep with exits.

Sent from Above

1 minute ago, TXGREEK said:

Try comparing your favorite tires siping to the long time favorite KO2’s

574679c31bae10f395ac43122da2bbb6.jpg

In order for siping to work, there must be an exit point for water, not an enclosed channel. In addition, Toyos and Nittos siping look like after thoughts. BFGoodrich KO2’s siping are deep with exits.

Sent from Above

Man, you really struggle with self awareness and picking up on sarcasm. You  missed the point of my reply to your post entirely. I understand exactly what you keep trying to explain. I will make things very simple; my reply to your post was an effort to help you understand that it was irrelevant to the topic. You’re bringing up past issues with a completely different tire and comparing it to something completely new, which appears to be an effort to validate your opinion. The fact that Toyo and Nitto are one in the same has about as much to do with the point of my topic as apples do with oranges. Siping; great...got it. I love BFG’s too, but what’s that got to do with anything? Please go derail someone else’s topic or push your agenda somewhere else. 

Man, you really struggle with self awareness and picking up on sarcasm. You  missed the point of my reply to your post entirely. I understand exactly what you keep trying to explain. I will make things very simple; my reply to your post was an effort to help you understand that it was irrelevant to the topic. You’re bringing up past issues with a completely different tire and comparing it to something completely new, which appears to be an effort to validate your opinion. The fact that Toyo and Nitto are one in the same has about as much to do with the point of my topic as apples do with oranges. Siping; great...got it. I love BFG’s too, but what’s that got to do with anything? Please go derail someone else’s topic or push your agenda somewhere else. 

The thread you’ve started starts off with:

Who’s going to be the “Guinea Pig” “They look Great”

Then your sarcasm “wooosh” which I’m assuming you just didn’t get it in the first place.

No disrespect but in what way does giving vital information and most importantly the safety aspect of tires an attempt to derail this thread? Most everyone on these threads have reasons with logical follow ups as to posting articles such as the one you’ve posted and then there are the very few that just like looking at pictures.

Good luck with this.

Sent from Above

29 minutes ago, jgraves13 said:

I’d be interested to try these. Looks like it could be the competitor to the falken wildpeak at3w that everyone loves, assuming its winter rated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also thought it had a somewhat similar tread pattern as the Falken. The Falken seems to be a fair amount heavier when comparing an equal size & load index.

• Like 1

https://www.off-road.com/blog/toyo-open-country-a-t-iii-tires-preview/

Just thought I'd share. I don't need new tires, but I do like to see whats out there. Good looking tire! Curious to see how others like them after some real world use. If I needed new tires, they came in my size and I didnt like my Cooper's I might consider them.  [emoji6]

Reading this it looks like they did a lot to improve wet and snow capability. I’ve heard nothing but good things about the at2 for wet and snow, so these will likely be really good for everything. If these are available when it comes time for new tires, I wouldn’t hesitate to try these over the wildpeaks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk