Tow Mirrors WORKING On a 2019!

13 hours ago, TheElementalCashew said:

I posted them above. 

As mentioned before, both of our cameras are misaligned. They still work, but the surround view is rather skewed on the sides. TNAT4 went to his dealer to get reprogramming done, and they were unable to do it without a code from GM. From what I understand, he would have had to buy another set of GM mirrors that come with a code, and there would still be no guarantee that they would be able to reprogram the mirrors I traded him. 

Maybe he can chime in at some point, but he was looking into having a custom shop fab up a mirror housing that would relocate his cameras to his previously calibrated locations. 

Yep, so I swapped pins 13 and 5 and I have full function of the DEZ smaller mirrors on my truck which came with the DRS mirrors factory.  The only difference side cameras are slightly skewed and now the puddle lights stay on at night because they’re connected to the pin for the parking lamps, which kinda looks cool.  I still haven’t decided if I’ll pay the custom shop the $700 they want to move the camera.

14 hours ago, TheElementalCashew said:

I posted them above. 

As mentioned before, both of our cameras are misaligned. They still work, but the surround view is rather skewed on the sides. TNAT4 went to his dealer to get reprogramming done, and they were unable to do it without a code from GM. From what I understand, he would have had to buy another set of GM mirrors that come with a code, and there would still be no guarantee that they would be able to reprogram the mirrors I traded him. 

Maybe he can chime in at some point, but he was looking into having a custom shop fab up a mirror housing that would relocate his cameras to his previously calibrated locations. 

If you have time could you post a pic of the screen & the skewed view?

I'll try to go talk to a dealer next week & get a price for the tow mirrors & see what they say about correcting the surround view

If you have time could you post a pic of the screen & the skewed view?

I'll try to go talk to a dealer next week & get a price for the tow mirrors & see what they say about correcting the surround view

This is what they look like in surround view. Notice how the yellow parking lines are not correct, and also my front cameras point a bit low, while the rears point high. That said, if I switch to the front/side view to view the front wheels, I still have a fairly good line of sight.

One other potential issue, we both lost our front and rear parking lines. You can see in my picture how there is an hourglass in the top left of the screen. However, they eventually came back for TNAT4, but mine have yet to reappear.

0b94e841af534c1e185368603aa3cf59.jpg
901a4862b78ecbbdd8deb38500706c2d.jpg
f651c468701531464fc461dcf25cd0ce.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 5/6/2020 at 7:02 AM, TheElementalCashew said:

I posted them above. 

Okay so your truck came with power folding mirrors regular mirrors, and you swapped to power folding tow mirrors?  I'm looking to do the same thing, can you tell me everything that you did to get them to work? I see you swapped pins 5 and 13, did you also have to do the ones sam posted?  What worked immediately, did power fold and blind spot work plug and play?  

Thanks

6 hours ago, pewterliftedz said:

Okay so your truck came with power folding mirrors regular mirrors, and you swapped to power folding tow mirrors?  I'm looking to do the same thing, can you tell me everything that you did to get them to work? I see you swapped pins 5 and 13, did you also have to do the ones sam posted?  What worked immediately, did power fold and blind spot work plug and play?  

Thanks

Things that worked plug and play (I have a 2019, your 2020 may be different): power fold, heat, blind spot, cameras

Things that didn't work: rear facing light (no wire for it), turn signal/parking lamp (no wires for it), task lights (wire in wrong spot). 

Pins 5 and 13 are the task lights and puddle lamps on my 2019. On the 2020 mirrors those pins are parking lamps and task lights (tow mirrors don't have puddle lamps). By swapping those pins in my wiring harness, my task lights work normally, and the parking lamps turn on when my puddle lamps used to (when unlocking the truck in the dark, for example). 

At some point I'm going to create my own wiring harness (or maybe Boost will come out with one before then), and hopefully gain all the functions of the mirror. The lights really aren't a big deal to me at this point. The only reason I even swapped the pins was because I have the Boost harness that turns the task lights on with my high beams. 

6 hours ago, TheElementalCashew said:

Things that worked plug and play (I have a 2019, your 2020 may be different): power fold, heat, blind spot, cameras

Things that didn't work: rear facing light (no wire for it), turn signal/parking lamp (no wires for it), task lights (wire in wrong spot). 

Pins 5 and 13 are the task lights and puddle lamps on my 2019. On the 2020 mirrors those pins are parking lamps and task lights (tow mirrors don't have puddle lamps). By swapping those pins in my wiring harness, my task lights work normally, and the parking lamps turn on when my puddle lamps used to (when unlocking the truck in the dark, for example). 

At some point I'm going to create my own wiring harness (or maybe Boost will come out with one before then), and hopefully gain all the functions of the mirror. The lights really aren't a big deal to me at this point. The only reason I even swapped the pins was because I have the Boost harness that turns the task lights on with my high beams. 

Okay awesome, the things you listed as plug and play are my main concerns, everything else I can work out later. 

I didn’t realize the 1500 tow mirrors didn’t have puddle lamps, the HD fully loaded tow mirrors do have them though.  It would be nice to be able to swap to them, and gain power extend too

Edited by pewterliftedz

On 5/6/2020 at 8:55 PM, TNAT4 said:

Yep, so I swapped pins 13 and 5 and I have full function of the DEZ smaller mirrors on my truck which came with the DRS mirrors factory.  The only difference side cameras are slightly skewed and now the puddle lights stay on at night because they’re connected to the pin for the parking lamps, which kinda looks cool.  I still haven’t decided if I’ll pay the custom shop the $700 they want to move the camera.

Have you tried talking to WAMS, they do a lot of BCM reprogramming, maybe they could reprogram something to fix your cameras?  A lot of people use them for adding higher end model parts to their trucks 

https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/

Edited by pewterliftedz

8 hours ago, pewterliftedz said:

Have you tried talking to WAMS, they do a lot of BCM reprogramming, maybe they could reprogram something to fix your cameras?  A lot of people use them for adding higher end model parts to their trucks 

https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/

I've already reached out to WAMS, at least regarding my side of things. He said he is going to look into it. 

On 7/17/2020 at 7:54 AM, TheElementalCashew said:

I've already reached out to WAMS, at least regarding my side of things. He said he is going to look into it. 

On 7/17/2020 at 8:01 AM, TNAT4 said:

We’re both anxiously waiting to hear what he says...

Ok he’s pretty good, hopefully he can help y’all out

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/17/2020 at 7:54 AM, TheElementalCashew said:

On 7/17/2020 at 8:01 AM, TNAT4 said:

We’re both anxiously waiting to hear what he says...

How did yall swap the pins 13 and 5?  I tried to figure it out by lifting the while locking tab up and pulling on the wire, but it would not release.  I assume I'm doing something wrong.

Edited by pewterliftedz

5 minutes ago, pewterliftedz said:

How did yall swap the pins 13 and 5?  I tried to figure it out by lifting the while locking tab up and pulling on the wire, but it would not release.  I assume I'm doing something wrong.

They're fragile, but if you pull firmly with needle nosed pliers wrapped in electrical tape they'll come loose as long as the white locking tab is lifted.  I frayed one wire but wrapped it up and it works great.  I think I used a pointed tool to seat the pin back in once I swapped them, they're long and skinny

37 minutes ago, TNAT4 said:

They're fragile, but if you pull firmly with needle nosed pliers wrapped in electrical tape they'll come loose as long as the white locking tab is lifted.  I frayed one wire but wrapped it up and it works great.  I think I used a pointed tool to seat the pin back in once I swapped them, they're long and skinny

Dang, I pulled as hard as I was willing to try.  Guess I’ll try again next time I have the doors off

1 hour ago, pewterliftedz said:

Dang, I pulled as hard as I was willing to try.  Guess I’ll try again next time I have the doors off

Use a pointed tool to pry up the lever, just insert and press down on the tab.