Tow Mirrors WORKING On a 2019!

4 hours ago, 2020AT4 said:

Definitely! Just looking at the 2020 build options on the GMC website, I think it was a $500 upgrade, or something like that.

Yah on my truck it would have only been $300 I believe, but on a LTZ it requires all of the safety packages, which would have increased my trucks price by $4550.  So I saved a ton of money just adding them my self.

Edited by pewterliftedz
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, pewterliftedz said:

Yah on my truck it would have only been $300 I believe, but on a LTZ it requires all of the safety packages, which would have increased my trucks price by $4550.  So I saved a ton of money just adding them my self.

$5k?!?!?! Holy crap!!!!

• 8 months later...
On 4/24/2020 at 8:04 PM, SamDSJR said:

Yes. I did get them working 100%. I posted in detail on the Facebook Group 2019+ Silverado/Sierra & 2020 HD Trucks. Here's the overview:

Here’s the circuits you have to tap into:
X4 pin 3 - right turn signal
X5 pin 2 - left turn signal
X7 pin 4 - cargo lamp LED’s
X4 pin 13 - running/clearance lamp

PM me and I will send you all the pics and procedures in detail.

Hi I'm new to this blog. I have a 2020 RST Silverado 3.0 durmax. I forgot to order tow mirrors when I ordered my truck. I basically have manual folding, heated and power from the door with the standard mirrors that came on my truck. I located GM towing mirrors, # 84776100 from "shopchevyparts.com." Seemed to have best price $520 plus shipping to colorado $580.  Looks like they added turn signals, cargo backup to these mirrors, etc. Was told I need to order new wiring harness for the mirrors, which will be another $160. 

Is it necessary to order these parts for both the Drivers and Passenger sides,  (84662371 and 84662372), or can I tap into circuits to avoid these harnesses. Appreciate any input.  Thx,  JB

On 4/24/2020 at 8:04 PM, SamDSJR said:

Yes. I did get them working 100%. I posted in detail on the Facebook Group 2019+ Silverado/Sierra & 2020 HD Trucks. Here's the overview:

Here’s the circuits you have to tap into:
X4 pin 3 - right turn signal
X5 pin 2 - left turn signal
X7 pin 4 - cargo lamp LED’s
X4 pin 13 - running/clearance lamp

PM me and I will send you all the pics and procedures in detail.

Hi I'm new to this blog. I have a 2020 RST Silverado 3.0 durmax. I forgot to order tow mirrors when I ordered my truck. I basically have manual folding, heated and power from the door with the standard mirrors that came on my truck. I located GM towing mirrors, # 84776100 from "shopchevyparts.com." Seemed to have best price $520 plus shipping to colorado $580.  Looks like they added turn signals, cargo backup to these mirrors, etc. Was told I need to order new wiring harness for the mirrors, which will be another $160. 

Is it necessary to order these parts for both the Drivers and Passenger sides,  (84662371 and 84662372), or can I tap into circuits to avoid these harnesses. Appreciate any input.  Thx,  JB

You need both harnesses. Electrical for 2019 and 2020 is not the same, so I don't believe this thread will help you. You're mirrors aren't available for 2019 trucks because of the electrical system differences.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

So question for you guys but in a different direction. My truck came with the tow mirrors and I do not like them. I do not tow enough to ever really use them. I want to move down to the standard mirrors. My current tow mirrors are manual fold, power adjustable, heated and have the task lighting. I have seen the standard size mirrors with the perimeter / task lighting, heated and power adjustable. Only difference is the lights are on the front of the mirror. Can I install them and everything work properly? Hope that makes sense! Thanks in advance for any advice on this!

• 3 weeks later...

I too have recently removed tow mirrors from my 2021 GMC Sierra that I would like to sell. Like New Pair of OEM Factory Power Folding, Manual Extending Tow Mirrors. They Have Work LIghts, Cornering Lights, 360 Degree Cameras, Blind Side Alert and Auto Dimming. Like New Condition.

I have been debating on doing the swap to tow mirrors. We just bought a travel trailer to go camping, getting too old to sleep on an air mattress or ground. I have been going back and forth because I know I should get them but I hate the "dumbo ears" look. For now I am going with some snap on extensions since they are the cheapest option right now and I will get them before Memorial Day weekend for our maiden voyage in the trailer.

I was also thinking, once the truck is payed off, that I could somehow retrofit some K2 tow mirror instead. I know there would be body work on the doors besides wiring to get them to fit and work. I feel that they would look better however, just my opinion.

Here is the link to the snap on mirrors if anyone is interested. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TM169WF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On 5/13/2021 at 10:15 PM, Greg Mattson said:

I too have recently removed tow mirrors from my 2021 GMC Sierra that I would like to sell. Like New Pair of OEM Factory Power Folding, Manual Extending Tow Mirrors. They Have Work LIghts, Cornering Lights, 360 Degree Cameras, Blind Side Alert and Auto Dimming. Like New Condition.

I'm interested in buying your power folding tow mirrors. I have a 2021 RST 3.0 with no power folding option. Anyone know whats involved to make these work?