Wheels and Tires on '19 GMC Sierra

Looking to upgrade the stock wheels and tires on my '19 Sierra 1500 (extended cab, 4WD).  I can get away with just blocks if I go with 33" tires, but need a lift if I go to the 35" tires.  I don't want rubbing...but also don't want to get too aggressive on the lift.  It is suggested that I go with a 6" lift.  I don't do any offloading and I'm not trying to "act" like I do.  I just love the look of the bigger whee/tire on this truck.  Looking for suggestions from those who went with the 33" tire vs the 35" tire and what size lift you used (if you went with the 35" tire).  

Just throwing this out there so I can get some feedback from those who have already "figured it out."

Thanks all! 

I'm in the same boat. You basically have 3 options:

1) Leave your truck stock

2) Level it, but you can't clear 35's without major trimming/cutting

3) 4" Lift and you can run 35s and keep your stock wheels if you have 20 or 22's. But you have to weld or drill into your frame for the drop bracket. Totally my opinion, but I'm waiting until I put 50,000 miles on my suspension and my truck is out of warranty and then going to do it right and get coilovers, tires, wheel spacers (not a fan of aftermarket wheels for the most part) and new upper control arms. 

Another option that I haven't seen anyone do on here but IMO is one of the best/inexpensive things you can do to an off-road rig aesthetics-wise is to just put wheel spacers on. Gives you a wider stance and makes your truck look more beefy. That and a level with your 33's would probably look good too.

Seems like 90% of people on here runs a 6" bds or zone lift with 35" tires which is way too much wheel well and a decrease in performance. 

If this guy had wheel spacers this would be the perfect stance IMO. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 4.46.41 PM.png

Thank you for the info and suggestions.  Not sure why, but seems like the '19 is a touch one to get a lift for without major trimming or cutting into the frame.  Not looking to do that.  I have less than 10k miles on it and just want to beef up the look- like you mentioned.

Again, much appreciated.

On 3/11/2020 at 11:20 AM, GMC19Sierra said:

Thank you for the info and suggestions.  Not sure why, but seems like the '19 is a touch one to get a lift for without major trimming or cutting into the frame.  Not looking to do that.  I have less than 10k miles on it and just want to beef up the look- like you mentioned.

Again, much appreciated.

Yeah I don't understand people taking the sawzall and angle grinders to their brand new $50,000 trucks either but hey to each his own. 

I also don't understand people losing the ride quality and performance of these vehicles, but again do whatever you like. Really there aren't that many good lift/tire combinations for these vehicles unless you like looking at a lot of wheel well and undersized tires (6" lift you should be running 37's and 37's on a 5.3 is going to be slugggggish if you don't regear which is going to be another $1000-1500). If you are trying to "do it right" really any lift beyond a 2" level, you should be running aftermarket UCA's, coilovers or at least some nice struts/springs/shocks, and a lift that properly accounts for all of the changes in your suspension's geometry. You are talking about $4,000 w/o labor and still will need new tires. And you are going to have to weld/bolt onto your frame (which is fine, but still) and lose 2-3 mpg. That's a lot of coin IMO for something that will improve the look of your vehicle tenfold but in all reality, isn't a whole lotta lift. Don't know if I'm rationalizing here, but I'm waiting until I pay my truck off before sinking another 5+ grand into it. 

These boards are a godsend in regards to information, and there are some really nice "prerunner-esque," lifts on here, but you have to look around. 

Edited by superhighsierra

It sounds to me like a 6" lift is WAY overkill for what you really want. Just larger better looking wheels/tires, right?

You might take a look through this thread, definitely worth clicking through looking at what people have done.  My recommendation based on your post would be to look at a front level w/ possible small rear block, the 2" GM lift, or max 4" lift. 

I'm looking to do coilovers that level the truck and add 275/65R20  A/T's on stock wheels which are 34" (instead of the stock 33" 275/60R20 I have now)