3.0L Diesel Owners Look Here..

A little helpful hint. I purchased this cap on Ebay after seeing a little water standing in the filler opening after a car wash. It works well and adds an extra layer of protection from getting water in the tank. I will put up a link soon.  It's an easy friction fit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/301987903974

20200312_104855.jpg

Edited by ILSilverado
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Kchampagne said:

Awesome.  Your link is for a Dodge ram diesel filler cap.  Will this work for the 2020 Chevy/GMC?

That is a photo of it on my 1500 yes it fits great.

I had one for my gasser with the capless system. To me it was cheap insurance. But everyone says that there is a second filler tube door down further, and a trap so virtually no water can be pushed down into the tank. Not sure about that but I stopped using the cap out of laziness alone.

There is indeed a system in place that works to keep water out. In fact if you want to add fuel from a gas can or an additive you have to use a long funnel otherwise it pours out on the ground. A cheap plastic funnel should have been included with your truck. 

• Thanks 1

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 5:17 PM, yousaveone said:

There is indeed a system in place that works to keep water out. In fact if you want to add fuel from a gas can or an additive you have to use a long funnel otherwise it pours out on the ground. A cheap plastic funnel should have been included with your truck. 

I agree, my 2017 F150 came with a funnel for just this reason.

On 3/16/2020 at 10:05 PM, ArTurf said:

I noticed there's a funnel in the glove box of my 2020 Silverado too

Yep, had one in mine too.  I think I need another though for the Def fluid??