Gas prices

dieselfan1

I have seen $1.59 (OKC) at a few 7/11s. Overall... I think gasoline prices are one economic indicator that can't be manipulated. We are either in a recession or heading into something worse. Brace for impact, although some good deals on autos should be imminent...

Still $2.11 here in town but further away from the countries tallest buildings it's in the $1.80's and even $1.60's at some random places.

As far as tabs go, I just payed for mine and it was $370 this year. The older the vehicle gets the less I have to pay, so it should be around $300 next year.

27 minutes ago, CamGTP said:

further away from the countries tallest buildings 

Are you a GL' er ?

I am.

Started in the 80's with MNST.

Edited by dieselfan1

I listen to Garage Logic everyday while I am working/driving. My dad started listening in the 80's and 90's when it first started but stopped when they went off the air. He's not into technology and doesn't do the whole podcast stuff haha, so I keep him in the loop sometimes.

I'm not a hard core GL'er, some of the fans of the show are too much and hearing the same opinions all the damn time from the same emailers gets really old. Don't even get my started on the ad's they run, freaking takes them forever to read em lol. End mini rant.

1 hour ago, CamGTP said:

I listen to Garage Logic everyday while I am working/driving. My dad started listening in the 80's and 90's when it first started but stopped when they went off the air. He's not into technology and doesn't do the whole podcast stuff haha, so I keep him in the loop sometimes.

I'm not a hard core GL'er, some of the fans of the show are too much and hearing the same opinions all the damn time from the same emailers gets really old. Don't even get my started on the ad's they run, freaking takes them forever to read em lol. End mini rant.

I listen every day almost. Good thing about the podcast is you can always listen or catch up. 

I am Joe at age 57 although we don't agree 100% of the time. I don't do a 30 point inspection every time I back out of the garage.

You are probably to young to remember the late Don Vogel.

Now that guy was a total riot to listen to.

Still dropping.

$1.59 today.

BTW my wife just made the 20 mile drive ,(mostly rural 1 town in between),  to our store and there was no traffic.

At this point I really don't care what my mpg's are after my lift and tires get installed next month. I'm expecting to go from averaging 19-20 down to 13-14.?

Screenshot_20200315-102807.png

Edited by dieselfan1

Actually this is not good. Lots of people depend on this industry. If it’s prolonged lay offs, shut downs. Oil prices will go up eventually probably longer than they were down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SnakeEyeSS said:

If some haven't picked up on it yet, This is because of a Saudi/Russia price war

This is true. I don't think it has anything to do with Corona virus ?.

One thing that is going to be a fact starting tomorrow 3-16, demand for gas is going to drop like a rock. Everyone is going to be working at home and schools are closed.

I may have to start thinking about closing up my store for a few weeks. I don't think it will come to that but who knows. I sure hope not.