Jump Seat Digging Into Leg

I'm a pretty tall guy so this may only be an issue for me, but the dadgum seat belt cover on the  jump seat digs into my right leg while driving and it irritates the crud out of me.  I just cant get comfortable in the seat with the corner of the seat belt attachment cover digging into my leg.  My F150, Tundra, and F250 never had this problem, but no matter how I adjust my seat, I constantly have to readjust my leg because it gets sore from the corner of the seat belt cover digging into my thigh.  I wish they would have made the seat wider and thinned up the jump seat, especially considering the jump seat gets used once every ten years, if at all, by most families.  You have class leading headroom and leg room which are the two main reasons I purchased the truck, but it feels like the driver's seat was fitted width wise for a 10 year old boy.  Other than that, I love the truck, its awesome, but that one thing might have me selling it 1 month after purchasing it.  I guess my F250 spoiled me with driver's room, I dunno.

Her's a picture showing what was most likely a poor description above.  I know in the picture it looks as though the seat belt cover is above my leg but it is actually digging into my leg.  I have a towel beneath the jump seat to make it sit up higher, otherwise it digs directly into the lower side of my leg.  And yes, my seat is lowered all the way :).  Why couldnt they just put the seat belt on the other side of the jump seat and let the front passenger deal with it.  I'm sure my wife wouldn't have an issue with it, HA.

1208888689_JumpSeat.thumb.jpg.3f72c01f3c3d5243df4fd7f887bd7510.jpg

I disassembled the plastics on the jump seat hoping I could just remove the seat belt cover, but the there is a steel bar directly under the cover which would be even more of an intrusion so I put it back together.  I thought about taking a grinder and cutting off the steel bar and just removing the seat belt all together since nobody will ever be sitting in the jump seat and therefore would never use the useless thing, but then I would have a butt-a$$ ugly opening in the jump seat with no way to cover it.

I have the center console, unless you are referring to the full floor center console.  If you are referring to the full floor center console I have not purchased one but I have actively looked on ebay and various car part auction sites and they are few and far between.  If I remember correctly, the full floor console from GM is somewhere around $850 for parts which isn't tooooooooo bad :).

23 minutes ago, Gangly said:

I have the center console, unless you are referring to the full floor center console.  If you are referring to the full floor center console I have not purchased one but I have actively looked on ebay and various car part auction sites and they are few and far between.  If I remember correctly, the full floor console from GM is somewhere around $850 for parts which isn't tooooooooo bad :).

Yup, the floor center console not the jump seat. 

Ya, idk if this will entirely fix your issue. 

Can someone chime in that has a floor center console, can it dig into your leg? 

20 minutes ago, BlancoSilverado said:

Yup, the floor center console not the jump seat. 

Ya, idk if this will entirely fix your issue. 

Can someone chime in that has a floor center console, can it dig into your leg? 

Not at all, not even close. The jump seat looks really intrusive in comparison.FDE48466-CA74-4E78-8459-A9F8615E00A4.thumb.jpeg.7da900700a318227d29e25d3f42dc23a.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hate to say it but you could just fold the armrest up out of the way.

If you still need/want cup holders etc, just go old school and add a cheap plastic one or a fancy one from Walmart, Amazon, or the auto parts store.

You could put it on the seat or on the tunnel.

16 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Seems like something that might have come up during the test drive...

You'd be surprised how many times I've told myself that.  Maybe a test drive longer than 5 minutes would have been beneficial?  Probably.

• Haha 1

Your complaint is one reason I jumped from a Sierra Elevation to an AT4 during the test drive. I’m also tall at 6’6” and usually the bench seat trucks were more comfy for me. Not this time around.

Floor center console comes nowhere near my legs.

DirtyAndy,

Like you, I'm 6'-7" and bench seats are usually the way to go for me.  I'm still looking for a floor console, but I have a feeling if I don't find one soon I'll be trading in, and probably not for another GM.

DirtyAndy,
Like you, I'm 6'-7" and bench seats are usually the way to go for me.  I'm still looking for a floor console, but I have a feeling if I don't find one soon I'll be trading in, and probably not for another GM.

That’s unfortunate. The center console is money in these T1 trucks. I have more leg room than I know what to do with.