Group,

I have a 2020 1500 High Country with a sun roof, and i have a rattle.  I’ve seen the other post about rattles from the rear of the truck.  Mine is directly above the drive and passenger head rest front seats.  It’s the two plastic clips that attach the headliner to the roof structure.  If only GM would have used a few pieces of left tape to address this.  Anyone else experiencing this, if so how did you address it?  Thanks. 

Kevin

I have the LTZ with sunroof and it is louder with the sunroof slider/cover thing opened up/slid back. I was thinking it was the black baffles/accordion looking things, but really haven't pinpointed the sound. If I have music on I cannot hear it, but driving and talking to my wife, it can be heard at times, but not all the time. It is a bit annoying when I can hear it though. Its like flap-flap-flap-flap-flap like a playing card in a bike spoke.

I agree when the shade cover it back the sound is more pronounced.  Between the dome light which uses metal clips to hold it into the cross brace further back and the 2 plastic clips holding the headliner up directly behind the sunroof opening I get som squeaks when driving over even lightly uneven roads.  I ordered some felt tape and might try to address the problem myself in a few days.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, guys. We certainly hate to hear of this headliner concern with your trucks. Customer satisfaction is extremely important us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into this on our end. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] ATTN: Forum Username/GMTrucks with your contact information, VIN, and preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM's privacy policy, please visit http://bit.ly/2h3ZUnC.

Aleigha W. 

I have a mysterious rattle in the back drivers side corner that I cannot figure out what it is. Bumped the headliner / back panels and rear headrest etc around and cannot duplicate it. Only hear it on rough roads and seems to be more noticeable at slow speeds.  Coming up on 900 miles LOL not supposed to sound like an old rattle trap vehicle with only 900 miles is it? My purchasing dealership has one of the worst service teams I have ever seen so it is up to me to find the issue and then CONVINCE them to do something about it. If you guys figure it out please post what it is.   

15 hours ago, Dnt said:

I have a mysterious rattle in the back drivers side corner that I cannot figure out what it is. Bumped the headliner / back panels and rear headrest etc around and cannot duplicate it. Only hear it on rough roads and seems to be more noticeable at slow speeds.  Coming up on 900 miles LOL not supposed to sound like an old rattle trap vehicle with only 900 miles is it? My purchasing dealership has one of the worst service teams I have ever seen so it is up to me to find the issue and then CONVINCE them to do something about it. If you guys figure it out please post what it is.   

Consider taking it to another dealership that may have a better service team? 

• 2 weeks later...

I had the headliner rattle above the passenger seat in the rear of my 2020 double cab. After prodding around, I discovered the culprit was Styrofoam spacer blocks on the inside between the headliner and the metal ceiling. I ending up pulling the liner down above the rear window in each corner just enough to put some foam cushion material above the blocks and pressing the headliner back in place. PROBLEM SOLVED!!! Apparently the headliner has a little slack in it and didn't fit snug enough to prevent movement when you hit a bump. The Styrofoam is also very stiff and dense which made a noise when it tapped against the metal roof. Just needed something softer in between to fill the void and make the headliner fit a little bit tighter to prevent movement. I hope this can help someone with a similar issue.

Check the rear window slider chain, it slaps the window on rough roads. You can put felt tape between it and the window and it will get rid of the noise.

5062fb5395b62a03e52abaac16084fee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk