Turning off horn honk when locking/unlocking

If I push my lock button once, the doors lock and all I hear is the sound of the locks.  If I push the lock button twice, I also get the horn.  Unlocking does not sound the horn.  

• 1 year later...

If for some reason it doesn't lock the first time you push your remote , then you have to push it again. Then the  horn honks ( '05 GMC pickup truck )

I don't want my horn honking under any conditions when I lock or unlock my vehicle. How can I eliminate this stupid  horn honking ?

Thank you , Tim from Vancouver

1 hour ago, Tim G9922 said:

Thank you GMC for all this pleasant horn hooking. Who needs quiet ?  Let's thank all the other car companies also. Anybody walk through a car parking  lot lately and seen ( heard ) all the stationary (parked ) cars , with everyone's horns going off ? 

Let's give thanks to the car companies for all this extra noise in our environment. Especially GMC. They're not afraid to follow the crowd when they see a good thing Especially GMC. They're not afraid to follow the crowd when they see a good thing haha

4 hours ago, Tim G9922 said:

Go in to your infotainment settings. You can set the lock sounds there, as well as a number of other items.

• 2 weeks later...

The lights/horn feature in your vehicle settings only affect the first press of the lock/unlock buttons.  It should lock/unlock on the first press of that particular button.  Second press of the lock button, it should honk, UNLESS you wait for more than a second or two before pressing the button a second time.  If you have folding mirrors, you can tell the truck to fold them when you lock the truck, and likewise when you unlock the mirrors will unfold.  Just hold the lock or unlock button for 1 second, if you hold the unlock button for 2 or more seconds, the windows may roll down.

• Like 1