Anyone's stock tires falling apart?

yeah happened to me with the factory 20" rims, cant remmember who's tire, very cheap stuff, when i picked up a set of z71 take offs they had goodyears, and man what a difference, lots of traction and wear resistance! go Goodyear! but they are $$$$ to buy new. yikes! i got lucky and sold them with the 20" rims for $400 to a sucker... i mean a nice young man!  : )

Edited by flyingfool

My crappy stock SRAs did that...not quite as bad, but bad enough that the dealership got all four of them replaced for free through the manufacturer. Of course they replaced them with the same tires. They are chunking off again, but much, much less.

I have a 2014 LT and had all 4 tires wearing severally on the outside edge of the tires.  I took pictures and along with a polite letter contacted the tire manufacture.  I was asked by the mfg to have an independent tire dealer inspect the tires. The tire dealer agreed that the tires were wearing abnormally and they contacted the tire manufacture. The manufacture agreed and offered me a new set (4) of tires (any tire I wanted as long as it was their brand) at 1/2 price with no install costs. The new tires have worn normally.

No, I choose not to identify the US brand of tires. The problem tires were OEM.

59 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

I have a 2014 LT and had all 4 tires wearing severally on the outside edge of the tires.  I took pictures and along with a polite letter contacted the tire manufacture.  I was asked by the mfg to have an independent tire dealer inspect the tires. The tire dealer agreed that the tires were wearing abnormally and they contacted the tire manufacture. The manufacture agreed and offered me a new set (4) of tires (any tire I wanted as long as it was their brand) at 1/2 price with no install costs. The new tires have worn normally.

No, I choose not to identify the US brand of tires. The problem tires were OEM.

That's a new one for me.  I've seen tires like the OPs before, after coming off rocky trails or cars with bent tie rods but that was one in 4, not all of them.

• 1 year later...

Late to the thread.   Just bought my first GM truck.  It had 45k miles and bridgestone tires.  I had an intermittent vibration at highway speeds and on curves.   I had Belle tire do alignment last week.  No luck, still there...

Went to Discount tire yesterday to try having balanced.  This is what they found.  This was worst tire, but all 4 had it on inner sidewall.   

The lady recognized it as a manufacturer defect and called bridgestone.  They gave 150 rebate per tire so I bought a set of Coopers.   

There is a recalll on the Continental tire for "over curing"

20210820_164538.jpg

11 hours ago, Imhemporer said:

I had Belle tire do alignment last week.  No luck, still there...

Wow They did not see the issue with the tires? I would never go back there.

16 hours ago, Imhemporer said:

Late to the thread.   Just bought my first GM truck.  It had 45k miles and bridgestone tires.  I had an intermittent vibration at highway speeds and on curves.   I had Belle tire do alignment last week.  No luck, still there...

Went to Discount tire yesterday to try having balanced.  This is what they found.  This was worst tire, but all 4 had it on inner sidewall.   

The lady recognized it as a manufacturer defect and called bridgestone.  They gave 150 rebate per tire so I bought a set of Coopers.   

There is a recalll on the Continental tire for "over curing"

20210820_164538.jpg

Welcome to the site.

Which model of Coopers did you go with? I plan on doing the same thing in the next few months.

Can you provide any information on what year/model Bridgestone's might be effected for the rebate?

• 3 weeks later...