Bought my 20 Trailboss LT on February 15th. Last Tuesday leaving for work, my truck wouldn't come out of park. Had it towed to the local chevy dealer last wednesday and they found nothing. Happened Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Comes out of park after about 20 mins. After the first initial start. Dropped the truck off where I bought it on Sunday. They called me mo day afternoon and said they fixed it. Happened again Tuesday, so I brought it back and they have no clue whats going on. Said they are working with engineers to figure it out with no clue when ill have my truck back. Any help would be helpful on what my next step should be?

Edited by Jleslie52785

14 minutes ago, Jleslie52785 said:

Bought my 20 Trailboss LT on February 15th. Last Tuesday leaving for work, my truck wouldn't come out of park. Had it towed to the local chevy dealer last wednesday and they found nothing. Happened Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Comes out of park after about 20 mins. After the first initial start. Dropped the truck off where I bought it on Sunday. They called me mo day afternoon and said they fixed it. Happened again Tuesday, so I brought it back and they have no clue whats going on. Said they are working with engineers to figure it out with no clue when ill have my truck back. Any help would be helpful on what my next step should be?

Read my post here 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'VE GOT THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY 2019 SILVERADO. BEEN TOWED IN TO SERRA IN JACKSON TN 4 TIMES ONLY HAS 3100 MILES ON IT. THEY HAVE PUT A BRAKE SOLENOID, SHIFTER ASSEMBLY, SHIFTER CABLE AND NOW THEY HAVE IT FOR THE FIFTH TIME AND CANT GET IT TO STICK IN PARK. AFTER THIS WEEK THEY WILL HAVE HAD IT 2 MONTHS OUT OF THE 5 MONTHS I'VE OWNED IT. CAN ANYBODY TELL THESE CERTIFIED TECHS HOW TO FIX THIS.... PLEASE !!!!

2 hours ago, roto said:

Trained techs should know how to do there job.

Very complicated vehicles these days.

I've worked with people in my field that were dumber than a post.

Good techs and bad techs same as all other fields.

:)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, diyer2 said:

Very complicated vehicles these days.

I've worked with people in my field that were dumber than a post.

Good techs and bad techs same as all other fields.

:)

AMEN brother. I cherish the shop I use and the staff and let them know I do regularly. An honest shop with great people is a wonderful thing. That said even good techs get stumped sometimes. The top one or two are in school almost as much as they are at work learning the new stuff dumped on them each year. 

• Like 1

When I had my first car I could take every nut and bolt apart and back together again with the tools in a standard one tray 'lug around' box.

Vintage Craftsman Gray Mechanics Metal Tool Box With Metal Tray

Now this....

5 hours ago, diyer2 said:

IMG_0475.jpg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, roto said:

Trained techs should know how to do there job.

And what makes you think they have been trained on how to fix THIS problem?  Hell it sounds like GM doesn't have a solution yet.  Welcome to the life of driving a vehicle controlled by 10 computers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Colossus said:

Go find out for yourself, son.  Here's some help. 

https://www.tundras.com/

I'm on that forum and, as I mentioned above, pretty much the only troubleshooting threads boil down to: 

1. I swapped in LEDs and messed up my electrical system when I blew a fuse

2. I put in a cheap lift and messed up my suspension

3. I have a question about the normal operation of the truck that's been answered 147 times previously

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

I'm on that forum and, as I mentioned above, pretty much the only troubleshooting threads boil down to: 

1. I swapped in LEDs and messed up my electrical system when I blew a fuse

2. I put in a cheap lift and messed up my suspension

3. I have a question about the normal operation of the truck that's been answered 147 times previously

Dont waste your time with that guy

• Like 1