Why I Don't Get Crazy With Mods To My Truck

diyer2

There are some " mods" that overall add to how much you will enjoy your ride. And a big factor is how much time you spend in it.

I just sold a heavily modded 04 tahoe when I bought my current denali. I didnt get near what I had in it. But I enjoyed driving it. 

For the denali, I bought it close to what I had in mind anyways. A tune. Get rid if some chrome and thats it. 

I would love to put on a whipple. But ghats more than I can stomach.

• 2 weeks later...

I got too many other things in line, two muscle cars, many many guitars, a blues band, and a house and yard to take care,,and I'm old. I need my truck to be dependable, always there and stable on the cash flow. So very few mods for me.  Bug shield, bedliner, tonneau cover and running boards and I'm good. ...oh yeah and a $20 console tray. ?

On 5/25/2020 at 1:26 PM, RyanbabZ71 said:

Can’t take it with you.

Ryan B.

Agreed.

No doubt there are people with deeper a bigger wallet than me.

I have better things to spend money on than a vehicle that just depreciates yearly.

Would rather give it to my son when I get the dirt blanket.

:)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, diyer2 said:

Agreed.

No doubt there are people with deeper a bigger wallet than me.

I have better things to spend money on than a vehicle that just depreciates yearly.

Would rather give it to my son when I get the dirt blanket.

There were a few things on my truck when I bought it. Step, bed cover and bed mat. Whatever I've done to it since had to have a useful purpose. Getting noticed isn't on the list of useful. Most of it went into improving the ride and money well spent. Most of the remainder on rust/chip/UV protection. Everything else I try to squeeze that penny as hard as possible. Keep her cool and efficient. 

When I replace a factory part that has had the life sucked out of it I look for an improvement in the replacement. Is that really a modification? (Low beams). I guess it could be. :)  

Edited by Grumpy Bear

On 5/25/2020 at 1:26 PM, RyanbabZ71 said:

Can’t take it with you.

Ryan B.

It is said though that the current generation will be the first in a long time that will be worse off than their parents.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 12:56 PM, diyer2 said:

I like this.

image.jpeg.b0cfd3220430eac76fd9a1a5ab4c4b35.jpeg

Not this

image.jpeg.85ef7a645f9aecaa17e616bb7dbf627f.jpeg

Cost aside, I know a lot of folks that prefer the stock look. Nothing wrong with that. I myself generally only do OEM Accessories. Level lifts are the most outrageous things I have done to my recent trucks. But I use to be really bad. The last truck I went really crazy with was my 1979 454 shortbox. I did major engine mods to it. 

Most of my trucks were for work. I drove lots of miles. So I modded. Usually I’d buy year end package trucks and save lots of money. Most of my mods were for performance. As horsepower increased I modded less. The last few trucks usually just needed tuning for drivability. My last new work truck 2014 GMC. Tuning and E-85 made 380HP. Some of my earlier S/C trucks didn’t have that. Engines are way too expensive now, I wouldn’t touch a thing. 

• 2 months later...