paint issues

Painted bumpers have always been a problem on these trucks. 

In regards to the rest of the paint...it’s no better or worse than any other robot painted, water based, mass produced, non-luxury vehicle I’ve owned.

Scratches easy is a relative term. If you go wiping bird crap off with a paper towel, sure. If you keep a good wax on it, and strictly touchless or two bucket hand wash it, shouldn’t really be an issue. Adjust your technique.

• Like 1

i had an F150 ruby red... and now have an '18 slt. i had a lot more touch up spots on the ford than the gmc... i also have an E350 in the garage that has 70k miles and only a couple of marks - not chips up high... gmc probably better than ford in my experience but not close to the e350... 

i had an F150 ruby red... and now have an '18 slt. i had a lot more touch up spots on the ford than the gmc... i also have an E350 in the garage that has 70k miles and only a couple of marks - not chips up high... gmc probably better than ford in my experience but not close to the e350... 

Same here. The most recent F150 that I was referring to a few posts up was also ruby red. Beautiful color, but the paint chips were ridiculous. My Dark Sky SLT so far has much better paint.

On 5/29/2020 at 9:15 PM, OnTheReel said:

Painted bumpers have always been a problem on these trucks. 

PPF solves that problem......had mine done within the first 50-miles.