Replacement Transmission Pan

Looking for recommendations on a replacement transmission pan for my 2016 Silverado with 5.3 and six speed automatic.  I want something with a drain plug that will also drop the temperature a little when I tow.  My temps go over 200° when pulling a 5000 lb travel trailer uphill.  The truck will be going to Arizona and will be pulling a 2800 lb travel trailer, so I'd still like to cool it down a little when going over mountain passes.  Thanks. 

If you want to drop transmission temp, get a bigger transmission cooler.  Way more effective (both in cost and in actual cooling) than a pan with fins (and a deeper pan doesn't help cool the fluid, it just means it takes longer for the fluid to get up to a given temp).

And I welded a nut on the inside of the pan for my 4l80e and a drain plug, job done for cheap.  If you don't weld/braze, then I would suggest a cheap stock pan with a drain plug...

A bigger cooler won't do jack squat when the factory puts a thermostat in the transmission cooler line.

Flip the pill inside the transmission cooler line fitting connected to the transmission on the drivers side. You can youtube the video's on it and it should take you about 30min to do this.

It dropped my temps by 40 degrees unloaded when it was 70-80 degrees outside. Even beating on the truck and running it through the gears I've gotten it to about 170 degrees and it comes right back down to 150-160 shortly after.

A pan with a drain bung is going to run you a ton of money, it would be cheaper to just have a bung welded to the stock pan.

• Like 1

Camaro SS has the extra deep pan

PARTS: ACDelco 24250062 - trans pan for Camaro SS 6L80 ACDelco 24224781 GM Original Equipment Automatic Transmission Fluid Pan Gasket GM 24236933 Automatic Transmission Fluid Filter Kit

Why couldn't you get an 02 bung welded to the outside of the pan. I know on my old vette I have an extra bung welded to the exhaust for tuning and the bung came with a plug and it seemed the bung was only a few dollars.

I just purchased a drain plug from Summit and welded it to the pan for our 2016 Suburban.  Works great.

One other thing to look at is getting a quality synthetic ATF fluid.  Not all dexron VI and H fluids are 100% synthetic.  A quality synthetic will work better in higher temps and not break down as fast plus keep the inside of the transmission cleaner.

Transmission pan.jpg

Transmissionpan3.jpg

Transmissonpan2.jpg

• Like 1