18" Gunmetal Gray Stamping

So found some 18" Gunmetal gray rims with some tires on it for 850 bucks. How do i tell if OEM GM factory wheels? I know there are stamped numbers on GM parts and at time have a GM on it.

So how do i verify these are authentic GM wheels?  Anyone have a stamping number list anywhere for the Gunmetal wheels?

Are these just painted gray wheels or like powder coated or something like that?  Thank you.

Pictured below is what the rim looks like. Asked for any numbers on the rims to verify before spending the 850.

00y0y_hXcGEXKkpA2_1320MM_1200x900.jpg

I've seen them painted like that when they come off Tahoe/Suburbans. There should be a part number on the back for them. GM parts direct doesn't have pictures that I could find to see what is what.

Here is the info from the owner. Let me k ow if worth 850 as i dont know.  Need your professional input from folks that been arlund this site longer.

The wheels came off a 2015 Chevy Silverado. 

Bolt pattern is 6x5.5 or.6x139.7. 

The manufacturer's part number on the back is 84227881. 

Tires are Goodyear Wrangler Fortitude HT (highway tread) and were manufactured the end of 2017 - DOT is 5117.

The wheels will come with lug nuts and are in great shape no scratches or curbs. 

That's a good to me. The tires alone brand new are over the $850 asking price and you are getting rims on top of that. Even if the tires have like 10/32nds (most new truck tires are 12-14/32nd) left that is still a lot of miles you can put on them before needing new ones.

Edited by CamGTP

1 hour ago, CamGTP said:

That's a good to me. The tires alone brand new are over the $850 asking price and you are getting rims on top of that. Even if the tires have like 10/32nds (most new truck tires are 12-14/32nd) left that is still a lot of miles you can put on them before needing new ones.

Thanks for input. Meeting him tomorrow to review the rims and such.

Thanks for input. Meeting him tomorrow to review the rims and such.

Did you pickup the wheels?

If so post a pic before and after wheel swap.

• 2 weeks later...

So the previous Gunmetal grey deal didn't work out. So i have a question on the stamping I found a Z71 Suburban that supposedly had Gunmetal grey wheels on it with the following pic from the original window sticker. With this pic does the painted mean gunmetal?  Wheel stamping is 20937966. Pic of the wheel not cleaned up yet. I thought the factory Gunmetal wheels had stamp of 88 or 2305 start to them?  What say the pros on this site?105045181_686194378602433_3910906185008453031_n.png?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=4nbpBz9aFHcAX_EWw2c&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.xx&oh=d214f5d50cdb8dac084ae73b280c8adf&oe=5F21D9C0

105490765_637065730486905_4382750921951795618_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=Zh206MxawKMAX-n8DRm&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=9a98b53474b3a10027ab363f8401433b&oe=5F22EB33

those are real, i have the same set up , those came off a tahoe cause they wheren't offered on trucks in GUn metal, i paid $600 with 200 miles , sell the dumb 20" rims on your truck for $700 to a ghetto rat and your still making money at $800 sale price,

Edited by flyingfool

Guess any set i run across are going to be chipped up if driven. Question is do i pay for the wheels and then fix them up.

Wheels are chipped and paint gone. Anyone know the paint code to shoot the rims again or maybe powder-coat them?

keep looking on craigs list,   850 is too high for chips and curbing, $500-650 is a good price. you might be able to get a grey powder coat powder,  and heat it with a heat gun to repair the chips for spot repairs

13 minutes ago, flyingfool said:

keep looking on craigs list,   850 is too high for chips and curbing, $500-650 is a good price. you might be able to get a grey powder coat powder,  and heat it with a heat gun to repair the chips for spot repairs

Yeah they on Ebay for 1K plus 200 shipping with new tires. Supposedly New Take Offs

6 minutes ago, flyingfool said:

too high... you can get the wheels off the new 2021 T1 trucks for that price

Yeah that was just a quick look and wouldn't pay that for used.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought genuine GM brand new "take-offs" from an outfit named "Elite Tires" on eBay. $475 for 4 rims...free shipping...from FL to NH.Arrived in 2 boxes. Minus very minor rub/markings (tires removed by a rookie handler) and being a little dusty/dirty, it was money more than well spent.