Dealer Techs Suck

So I've been putting off taking my AT4 in for the recalls.Take it in yesterday finally. When I pick it up today, it's got a dent in the driver door right on the body line.

Dealer doesn't think PDR can take it out and talking about respraying whole door. No F'n way for a small dent. 

Can PDR take this out.

IMG_2784.jpg

Depends on the skills and experience of PDR guy.  Had a dent on my hood cap (no paint damage) PDR got it out. Completely gone and can't tell.  Is your paint damaged or just a dent?

Hard to tell from the picture but it looks like its down to the primer/metal in which case you are $hit out of luck. Not sure what the big deal is about respraying the whole door. Any decent body shop has paint matching equipment to get it back to as good as factory. 

FWIW of course the dealership is full of a bunch of goons. What did you expect? I never let them touch my vehicle. I had all 7 or so recalls done last month and that will be the first and last time my car ever goes back to the dealership barring an extremely important recall. Any competent mechanic has his own shop. Working at the dealership is like being a "union mechanic." Means that they suck at their job but they like the job security. Some dealerships are worse than others but you sure as hell aren't going to be getting the best and brightest at a Chevy dealership. 

Edited by superhighsierra

11 hours ago, superhighsierra said:

Hard to tell from the picture but it looks like its down to the primer/metal in which case you are $hit out of luck. Not sure what the big deal is about respraying the whole door. Any decent body shop has paint matching equipment to get it back to as good as factory. 

FWIW of course the dealership is full of a bunch of goons. What did you expect? I never let them touch my vehicle. I had all 7 or so recalls done last month and that will be the first and last time my car ever goes back to the dealership barring an extremely important recall. Any competent mechanic has his own shop. Working at the dealership is like being a "union mechanic." Means that they suck at their job but they like the job security. Some dealerships are worse than others but you sure as hell aren't going to be getting the best and brightest at a Chevy dealership. 

I thought the same that's why I asked if there was paint damage. He said a small scratch.  Probably seeing a reflection. Even if paint is damaged,  I've fixed many scratches using Automotive touch up.com.  perfect match and used them for years on many colors. They're here in Louisiana. I use the base coat paint, layer the clear then wet sand until flat with the factory paint then buff. Comes out great. There's good tutorial vids on the site.

Edited by mafd2

So what are they going to do to remedy their fail?

That's a $1,000 loss in my book.

And give PDR a try.  Some of those guys are miracle workers.

Edited by steve841

On 7/11/2020 at 11:49 PM, superhighsierra said:

lol, i seen the way they treat the cars in the back and I myself avoid the dealership like the plague as well.....recalls only time i bring it in there.....or warranty issue which never had one so far so......but yeah i am sure there are some good ones but its crapshoot at best.....