Skid plates

Has anyone found any nice skid plates for the front of their trucks that replaces the OEM plastic splash pan.  I found a few but they are all designed for use with certain lift kits.  Im looking for more of a stock type application.  Thank you 

4 hours ago, voyager1500 said:

Has anyone found any nice skid plates for the front of their trucks that replaces the OEM plastic splash pan.  I found a few but they are all designed for use with certain lift kits.  Im looking for more of a stock type application.  Thank you 

I went with the factory "metal" ones, very nice fit and quality.

Service Component, Under Body Shield 23135959 1 $65.52 Shipped UPS    
Service Component, Under Body Shield 23135960 1 $65.52 Shipped UPS

13 hours ago, voyager1500 said:

I don't know if these are the ones you are looking for but there is a set for sale in the for sale/wanted section.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/239896-genuine-gm-skid-plate-kit-part-23176881-brand-new-aluminium/

9 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

I went with the factory "metal" ones, very nice fit and quality.

Service Component, Under Body Shield 23135959 1 $65.52 Shipped UPS    
Service Component, Under Body Shield 23135960 1 $65.52 Shipped UPS

Hi,  Thank you for that info.  I looked up online and it is saying that it doesnt fit the 2017's ?  Do you by chance have any pics of the plates ?  Did you install these on your 18 ?  should be the same then ? Thanks

6 hours ago, voyager1500 said:

Hi,  Thank you for that info.  I looked up online and it is saying that it doesnt fit the 2017's ?  Do you by chance have any pics of the plates ?  Did you install these on your 18 ?  should be the same then ? Thanks

I do have them on my 18, fit great, sorry I never got around to taking pictures of them.

Let me look up the old thread under skid plates.

You will need two additional bolts to make them work, plastic shield uses 6, these take 8 bolts. Should fit on the 17 no problem.

6 hours ago, voyager1500 said:

Under the thread Z71:

s-l1600.jpg

On 7/9/2020 at 3:05 PM, HoosierZ said:

I have them on my ‘16. 

C9A62B86-04E9-4756-A526-01A4EF03F600.jpeg

DF2F01D2-EC6F-4E3F-96A5-E07AFCB07450.jpeg

You get any rocks or other items rattling inside the plates? My heat shields are notorious for trapping pebbles and I hear rattling. I've had to bend my heat shields to prevent stuff from kicking up inside them. Curious if anything rattles inside the plates. Thanks!

6 hours ago, midwestdenaliguy said:

You get any rocks or other items rattling inside the plates? My heat shields are notorious for trapping pebbles and I hear rattling. I've had to bend my heat shields to prevent stuff from kicking up inside them. Curious if anything rattles inside the plates. Thanks!

I haven’t noticed any rattles. I don’t drive on gravel roads very often though. 

Edited by HoosierZ