Rear Window Leak on 2020 3500HD Denali

• 3 weeks later...

The spoiler bolts were replaced a couple weeks ago. It finally rained substantially, and the leak is still there. I called the dealer and let them know. They are going to see what GM says and let me know. This getting old, very quickly. Seems like GM really doesn't care and is just half-assing repairs and approvals just to get by. A true fix would be far more professional and respected.

11 hours ago, greatmizzou said:

Is the leak real obvious?  I honestly havent even looked.  ?

Mine wasn't super obvious. Only noticed it because we were driving in hard rain and I had the kids feel the rear window to see if it was wet on the inside. The headliner would be wet during the rain but dried really fast and the staining wasn't noticeable unless you really looked for it.  

I really love the rear slider in my current but I did not order one in my 2121, and this thread is most of the reason why.  The price of the package that includes the rear slider is another, as I was trying to keep to a pretty strict budget w/ my build.  I knew that I would be beyond frustrating if I got a leaky window in a $50,000 truck...

I really love the rear slider in my current but I did not order one in my 2121, and this thread is most of the reason why.  The price of the package that includes the rear slider is another, as I was trying to keep to a pretty strict budget w/ my build.  I knew that I would be beyond frustrating if I got a leaky window in a $50,000 truck...
The leak isn't because of the slider

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

Before I washed the truck last week, I noticed two streaks on the back glass, one on each side in about the same place on each side.  They were gone after washing, so I figured they were on the outside.  Going to have to check into this with ours.  Build date for our truck was 8/20, hope the problem was fixed before our truck was built, but would not surprise me much if not.   

There are 2 possible causes for the leak. One is the window frame cracks, the other is the spoiler bolts. Sometimes the new spoiler bolts stop the leak, other times the TSB to seal the top of the window frame stops it. In some cases, the window needs replacing with the updated frame. I've not heard of anyone who had the window replaced, spoiler and bolts replaced, that still has the leak. Not yet, anyway.

Seems the spy shots of the 2022 1500s still show a spoiler. Perhaps they've got it figured out finally? I wouldn't hold my breath, though.

Edited by ShotgunZ71