Puddle Light kit with GMC Logo Projection

10 hours ago, ChevyDivision15 said:

I have a 2015 Silverado. I have the circle cut out in the bottom of my mirrors. But I have no existing puddle lights. Can I still buy them and just plug and play? If so, what is the part #?

I don't believe it will work if you don't have the existing puddle lights because you won't have the wiring inside the mirror for the lights.

10 hours ago, ChevyDivision15 said:

I have a 2015 Silverado. I have the circle cut out in the bottom of my mirrors. But I have no existing puddle lights. Can I still buy them and just plug and play? If so, what is the part #?

Are your mirrors power folding with heat, and integrated signals?

19 minutes ago, ChevyDivision15 said:

No they are not. Just regular stock ones. 

Yea, like prior post said, they probably do not have the wires needed in them for the puddle lamps. Do you a have a borescope type of camera? You could put it in the hole and see what is in there

11 minutes ago, ChevyDivision15 said:

No I don’t. But that is a thought. Oh well, on to the next mod!

The gentleman in the post right above yours could help you with everything you need for converting your mirrors to the power folding versions

On 8/23/2020 at 11:50 PM, jpinoy said:

When I was installing, it wasn't sitting flush and I could see where it was rubbing on that housing you dremeled.  

This section in white is where I went with a utility knife and just shaved it at 45°, like in my previous picture. Then it sat flush. I thought of using a Dremel, but thought it would take too much off really fast. It didn't need that much taken off. I even cut that tab that sticks up off.

73654128e602d7b78493ac7505c1b879.jpg

47278434bcd2004f0befe80811f1b8c4.jpg

This is where I notched the part where the little tab sits in. It didn't take much, but I did little at a time, again, just using a utility knife till it was straight. Arrow is pointing at the side I trimmed it. Both side are the same. It does let you turn it a little to rotate the puddle lamp.

aa13f3c907636249a74840beac78e1a4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much.....I shaved a bit off with a knife and it fit perfectly.

My question now is getting it to align.  When you make the notch wider.....will it still allow it to click in place?......it doesn't move or rotate because you made the notch bigger?

On 11/18/2020 at 8:38 PM, TheGreatOne said:

Thank you so much.....I shaved a bit off with a knife and it fit perfectly.

My question now is getting it to align.  When you make the notch wider.....will it still allow it to click in place?......it doesn't move or rotate because you made the notch bigger?

That's correct, it only looks like a lot in the picture, but it's not by much and it hasn't moved on me since.