Puddle Light kit with GMC Logo Projection

23b0359c41cd5aefd8cf2b41f8995ce7.jpg
Yes it fits.

If you have functional puddle lamps now, they are a direct drop on.

Issues - the logo doesn’t project exactly parallel to the truck. They are slightly rotated due to how they plug in.

They are a direct plug in. The spades are keyed, so it’s 50/50 if you plug it in right or wrong.

If the mirrors are folded in, they logo with project onto the door, and is not clear.

Other than that - mod away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pgamboa said:

Issues - the logo doesn’t project exactly parallel to the truck. They are slightly rotated due to how they plug in.

Is that due to the shape of the K2 mirrors, or does it do the same on the T1's (not sure you know the answer)?

Do you happen to have the part number handy?

Is that due to the shape of the K2 mirrors, or does it do the same on the T1's (not sure you know the answer)?

Do you happen to have the part number handy?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264722639163

Yes - I think the shape and the hole cutout rotates it just a tad. I think with some mirror housing motivation, you can likely center it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I installed my GMC logo projectors yesterday and they look great at night. The logo did stay parallel with my truck. It only takes a minute to install and it’s a direct plug and play mod. It was around $125 from GMC. 

Edited by 1UPPER

4 hours ago, pgamboa said:

23b0359c41cd5aefd8cf2b41f8995ce7.jpg
Yes it fits.

If you have functional puddle lamps now, they are a direct drop on.

They are a direct plug in. The spades are keyed, so it’s 50/50 if you plug it in right or wrong.

If the mirrors are folded in, they logo with project onto the door, and is not clear.

Other than that - mod away!

Awesome thanks for the help, gonna get the GMC ones. Is it tough getting into the mirror housing?

• Like 1

For those with a T1XX truck, these are designed for those trucks and will display exactly as designed. For those of us with K2XX trucks, they will just pop into the existing housing, plug into the factory puddle lamp wiring, but will slow slightly rotated.

• Like 1

Awesome thanks for the help, gonna get the GMC ones. Is it tough getting into the mirror housing?

Super simple. Small flat head and the slot is where you depress to remove.

Mirror, or minor? Light itself, or the actual mirror housing?

Minor**. The mirror housing itself. The hole is “keyed” to only accept it one way. But at it that position, makes slight rotated off the point of where it needs to be for that perfect ground placement. Imagine that line on the concrete being parallel to the truck.

1 hour ago, pgamboa said:

Minor**. The mirror housing itself. The hole is “keyed” to only accept it one way. But at it that position, makes slight rotated off the point of where it needs to be for that perfect ground placement. Imagine that line on the concrete being parallel to the truck.

Thanks for the reply, if I do this I will live with where it shines. Pretty sure they are not putting out as much light as the factory one, more "Cool Factor" than function.

Thanks for the reply, if I do this I will live with where it shines. Pretty sure they are not putting out as much light as the factory one, more "Cool Factor" than function.

Yup. It functions just fine. It’s just not “straight” - it’s just turned slightly like in my pic.