Brake/Gas -peddle position Adjust 2020

I currently own a 2017 2500 HD Duramax Diesel LTZ. It has the peddle adjust feature which is extremely important to me since I have very long legs.  I was going to trade it in but found that the 2020 version of this truck did not include the peddle position adjust.  This was really key to my decision in purchasing and based on them not having this function, I delayed my decision hoping this feature would be in the 2021 truck.  Does anyone else feel they need to add this feature back into the truck for the next model years?

Edited by Joseph Dymond

Not as long as the seat can be pushed far enough back for the legs, and the steering column can then be extended enough to suit the arm length. 

I always figure pedal adjust was more useful for those with short legs that wanted to be further from the dash.

The firewall doesn't move, and with 'non-moveable' pedals, wide open throttle is with the pedal against the firewall. 

Edited by redwngr

Guess it's a personal preference and where you prefer to be positioned in the cab. I'm 5'10 and I never used the adjustable pedals in my old truck. 

I do however, hate that my fully loaded AT4 doesn't have electric tilt/telescoping steering column like on my 2018 Denali. I love the feature of the seat going all the way back and the steering wheel moving up upon entry/exit

my issue is relationship between gas and brake....brake pedal is like 3 inches closer (to the seat) than the gas, i would love to get them more even with each other....maybe get brake pedal pushed closer to floor a few inches.....my toyota was almost dead even

• Like 1

Wondering if you test drove the new one very far? These cabs are bigger. Sorry I can't speak for adjustable pedals, but for an example. I'm not huge, but I'm 6-1 and don't have full use of my right leg after a cycle accident years a go. In my 05 crew cab, I had usually had to tilt the wheel to get in and out, even with the seat all the way back. I also had to tilt the wheel in a position that was less comfortable to cruise with, to fully see the guages. In my 20 Custom CC, I was concerned about losing power adjustments. But with a roomier cab, I have them set where I like and don't need to touch anything to get in and out. Sucked losing the airbags, though. Maybe a mod later.

On 8/13/2020 at 3:50 PM, Dunn said:

my issue is relationship between gas and brake....brake pedal is like 3 inches closer (to the seat) than the gas, i would love to get them more even with each other....maybe get brake pedal pushed closer to floor a few inches.....my toyota was almost dead even

I was driving down the road today thinking the same thing. I almost get my foot caught on the brake while transitioning. You can’t leave your heel on the floor and rotate anymore. I suppose I’ll get used to it but would be nice if there was an adjustment for the two pedals to be more “flush” with each other. 

I missed it initially. I had a fully loaded 2017 Duramax and loved that I could adjust the pedals to where I needed them. I have short legs and long arms and like my arms stretched out when driving. So I would adjust the pedals closer to me. I noticed it right away on my new truck, and it pissed me off that they didn't include this feature, but coming up on a year now of owning it, I forgot its not there. 

On 8/17/2020 at 8:25 PM, Pastusak.t said:

I was driving down the road today thinking the same thing. I almost get my foot caught on the brake while transitioning. You can’t leave your heel on the floor and rotate anymore. I suppose I’ll get used to it but would be nice if there was an adjustment for the two pedals to be more “flush” with each other. 

or get seat position to be comfy with both pedals.....one pedal is either too close or too far no matter how seat is adjusted.....there is a company called ultimate pedals but i dont think they offset the pedals as much as is needed

• 1 year later...

I have 2018 Silverado. I was going to trade it for a 2020. I had to walk away the day we were signing the documents. I won't settle for a truck without adjustable pedals. I'm 5'1. The adjustable pedals allow me keep distance between me and the steering wheel. It allows me to sit in seat and reach the seat belts. Sounds like I won't be purchasing a 2021.