Soft Roll up Tonneau THAT WORKS with power tailgate?

Title says it all! Tried searching the many tonneau cover threads but there is no easy answer it seems. I am gathering that there is NO soft roll up tonneau that works with the power tailgate. In some reviews, people have 'loosened' something up and jimmy rigged it perhaps to allow the tailgate to work. If thats the case I am thinking of just getting a cheaper cover. Why spend more if it does not work with the tailgate?  

I am looking at the TYGER T1 (cheapest out there) or the Gator SR1. Thought I would check to see if anyone has found a product that works with the power tailgate out of the box?

So i only have the power down tailgate on my LT trailboss, but I got the gator ETX soft top roll up and it closes shut very easy when i raise the tailgate.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J2T7DZC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_LTxpFb6BY6T2V
So far its been pretty good, it doesn't rain much on my side of oahu but when it has, it keeps the bed dry. 9e3d4c4bcf63bb141241cb91b1a021e5.jpg96cd0d1416ac4e95b25cc0cbd99dd82c.jpg6f573d2c29fe131206912218abc99f19.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, apollo177 said:

So i only have the power down tailgate on my LT trailboss, but I got the gator ETX soft top roll up and it closes shut very easy when i raise the tailgate.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J2T7DZC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_LTxpFb6BY6T2V
So far its been pretty good, it doesn't rain much on my side of oahu but when it has, it keeps the bed dry. 9e3d4c4bcf63bb141241cb91b1a021e5.jpg96cd0d1416ac4e95b25cc0cbd99dd82c.jpg6f573d2c29fe131206912218abc99f19.jpg

Thanks! I think I have the same. Sorry when I said 'power tailgate" I only meant the auto 'down/open' button from the FOB or the clicker in the center console. Thats what I have - it is not powered back up closed. 

So when you click the FOB to open the tailgate, it will fold open no problem? Thats what I am looking for. I have read many of them 'click' to de-latch but get caught and won't open. 

• 1 year later...
On 8/20/2020 at 1:14 AM, apollo177 said:

Yeah it opens perfect, I have never experienced issues opening when the soft top is fully extended, either with the fob or the center console. For a little over 200, its a good cover so far.

How has the Gator EFX been working for you since you last posted here.. I just got a 2021 RST and looking to get a soft roll up... I put an Access Lorado on my 2014 LTZ and loved it but it's now like $500...

Thanks,

Dan

Edited by Mcarlo24

Not what you're asking about, but with RetraxMx (the plastic slat one, manual roll) the multipro gate will open when the fob button (or dash button, or tailgate button) is pushed the tailgate fully opens. 

One of the reasons I went to this cover (instead of the hard folding type I had been using) was because the cover doesn't have to be lifted when opening or closing the tailgate.

I have the same gator low profile and when I installed it I did set it a bit low and so I have to pull the gate down when opening and shut it with a bit of force. But it's not the covers fault, I just wanted it to sit as low as possible. My Dad has the same truck and cover, just finished it and installed it the right way and his opens with the keyfob no issues. It's all in how you install it. Nice cover for just over $200.

On 8/19/2020 at 2:33 PM, vancealot29 said:

Truxedo Lo Pro

Affordable, easy install, no leaks (minor seepage) and zero issues with power up/down tailgate on my 19 

I have a Truxedo LoPro on my High Country and it works perfect.

I have a Access Roll up on my LTZ and it don't let the gate open itself.

21 hours ago, redwngr said:

Not what you're asking about, but with RetraxMx (the plastic slat one, manual roll) the multipro gate will open when the fob button (or dash button, or tailgate button) is pushed the tailgate fully opens. 

One of the reasons I went to this cover (instead of the hard folding type I had been using) was because the cover doesn't have to be lifted when opening or closing the tailgate.

I have an Undercover Ultraflex hard trifold and it lets the tailgate work like normal, I don’t have to lift the cover.