Looking for a QUALITY Bed Cover

I am wanting peoples opinions on a quality bed cover.  Below is what I Know I want

1. Hard cover

2.  Tri-Fold or roll type

3.  Best at keeping the water out of the bed  (I realize no covers are completly water proof)

I have been on many truck sites and the one I landed on was the Bakflip X4 rolling hard cover......It unfortunately is back ordered right now and I can't get it until 11/15/20 so I cancelled that order.

I have a Gator low profile soft cover on my pickup now but I want something more secure....Any information is appreciated.

Thanks

• Like 2

I am wanting peoples opinions on a quality bed cover.  Below is what I Know I want

1. Hard cover
3.  Best at keeping the water out of the bed  (I realize no covers are completly water proof)

I have been on many truck sites and the one I landed on was the Bakflip X4 rolling hard cover......It unfortunately is back ordered right now and I can't get it until 11/15/20 so I cancelled that order.

I have a Gator low profile soft cover on my pickup now but I want something more secure....Any information is appreciated.

Thanks

Here is my 2+ year review of Extang Solid fold 2.0

4 hours ago, Mo Weber said:

1. Hard cover

Thanks

BAK Revolver is an absolutely awful cover long term. Mine fell apart. Literally. I replaced it with a Roll N Lock A series and I would never look at another cover. Everything about it is perfect. It keeps most water out however it not 100%. It's expected of a cover capable of using my your bed still though.

Just installed this Bakflip MX4 today! Quality build and seems to seal well. Also has tubes for the rails to drain directly out of the bed.

0a25f39e3038439acb1ebce02f0fdd95.jpg
745d3eda33afa3a26d56b1880c0ef646.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a roll n lock on my truck too. I haven't had any issues with it and love that it locks. Between that and my locking tailgate stuff stays safe and even going through a car wash, I've almost always had zero water get in the bed, and very little when some did get in.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

On 8/26/2020 at 8:34 AM, Mo Weber said:

1. Hard cover

Thanks

I have the Bak Revolver X2 rolling hard cover and absolutely love it. The only difference between the X2 and X4 is the finish. X2 is more of a glossy finish and X4 is more of a matte finish. If you don't care about the finish, I'd check to see if the X2 can be delivered sooner. My only gripe is it does let in some water at the tailgate, it's not bad but it trickles in during a carwash. In normal rain there's very minimal water that comes in so I can't complain. As far as security, it locks tight. If someone REALLY wanted to get in it they could, but it would be some work and really obvious someone is breaking into the bed.

On 8/26/2020 at 6:34 AM, Mo Weber said:

1. Hard cover

Thanks

Been looking for one myself.  I'm looking/thinking about getting the GM "Sport Bar," but the only tonneau cover that "works with it" is the soft rollup cover.  :happysad:  I loved the soft tri-fold cover that I had on my previous truck.  Would love to find my previous truck, and if the cover is still with it, get it.  The soft tri-fold is just as secured as the soft rollup cover, only takes a knife to get whatever is in the bed.  That is why I kept the bed empty unless I was traveling.  Unfortunately, my only good pictures of this cover are from when it was sitting at the Insurance Auction yard, awaiting auction.

IAAI #4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Mo Weber said:

I went with the Revolver X4.....I will see how it hold up this winter in Iowa.....Thanks for the input every 1!

Good luck... I guess the good thing is people will still pay $50 for them in garbage condition. The metal underneath was starting to fall out on its own. The cloth to help temp and sealing came off from crappy glue. There's a video on it if you look. For the price its ridiculous. And  the cherry on top, in order to use a warranty they look for a paper serial tag that can wash away.

20200513_102108.jpg

Edited by DominatorZ71
Sad but truthful facts