At another to the ever growing list. 2020 6.2 AT4 - i dont know the build date but i assume it's around the 8/20 mark.

I've had mine for 5 days with about 250 miles on it. I was driving down the highway when suddenly i get an adaptive cruise control disengage warning, parking brake failure warning, steering assist failure warning, and then it completely died all within about 10 seconds. All the interior electronics worked and it would let me shift between gears, but it wouldn't turnover.

I was going 80mph in the left lane of a 6 lane highway when all this went down. Luckily i was able to coast it over and some truck drivers were able to help block traffic to let me get to the shoulder. When i opened the hood i could hear the battery ticking, but that's the only thing i could tell. I thought it may be the alternator cable recall, but since all the electrics were working i'm worried it could be the valve spring.

I had it towed to the dealer and am waiting to hear back.

Edited by chadr0

Sorry to hear you were affected as well, I'm glad you were able to safely get to the side of the road- that could have been really bad. 

I've had my truck back from the dealership for about a week, but am still nervous that I'll have another valve spring break .. Wish they would have changed all of them.  I'm also still waiting to hear whether they will offer the 100k mile coverage component letter/warranty that the OP received.  Not how I envisioned the first few weeks of owning my dream truck, frustrating to say the least.

So is this something I should mention to my dealer or let it play out see what happens? My truck is a ft. Wayne Texas truck it says on the door. All 6.2 motors are assembled in Tonawanda I think?
No. Many are built in Silao, Mexico too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

At another to the ever growing list. 2020 6.2 AT4 - i dont know the build date but i assume it's around the 8/20 mark.
I've had mine for 5 days with about 250 miles on it. I was driving down the highway when suddenly i get an adaptive cruise control disengage warning, parking brake failure warning, steering assist failure warning, and then it completely died all within about 10 seconds. All the interior electronics worked and it would let me shift between gears, but it wouldn't turnover.

I was going 80mph in the left lane of a 6 lane highway when all this went down. Luckily i was able to coast it over and some truck drivers were able to help block traffic to let me get to the shoulder. When i opened the hood i could hear the battery ticking, but that's the only thing i could tell. I thought it may be the alternator cable recall, but since all the electrics were working i'm worried it could be the valve spring.

I had it towed to the dealer and am waiting to hear back.
Were you going downhill when this happened? I had the same exact issue about 4 weeks ago, but since nothing mechanical was going on I was able to pull off the freeway and get to a truck stop. I called my brother since he's a mechanic. Told him what happened. It amounted to nothing more than an electrical gremlin. He said to turn off the truck and then turn it back on. When I turned it back on everything was cleared and fine. A few weeks later I took my truck to the dealer for an accessory to be installed and told them about what happened and asked them to check for codes. No codes found.

17 hours ago, RadBrad said:

Hmm seems like that makes all trucks in here 8/20 builds.  Mine is also 8/20, 900 miles,  LZ352412 So a USA build, but I think engines all come from the same factory.   

Dealer finally got the truck in to look at it, it’s going to be there awhile, valve springs are on back order and they don’t have an ETA. Again the customer is the one inconvenienced and having to drive one of their loaner cars instead of a brand new AT4.

FF51387B-B382-44B1-A4BE-06E6020915FF.jpeg

How do you find out where your motor was built?
I don't know. I just know that GM's facilities in Silao, MX include a propulsion systems assembly plant where they make only V8 gas engines that include the 4.8, 5.3, 6.2, and supercharged 6.2. They also produce 6-speed and 8-speed rwd transmissions.

11 minutes ago, bjr2020 6.2 said:

That’s what I’m wondering as well......

Are there any USA built trucks in here that have broke a spring?  Your two letters before the last six numbers in your VIN would let you know.

LGXXXXXX  is a Mexico build

LZXXXXXX  is a USA build

38 minutes ago, RadBrad said:

Are there any USA built trucks in here that have broke a spring?  Your two letters before the last six numbers in your VIN would let you know.

LGXXXXXX  is a Mexico build

LZXXXXXX  is a USA build

Would that tell you were the vehicle was built or the engine? Where the engine was assembled is what we are trying to find out. Are the engines assembled right there at the final assembly plant or are they assembled elsewhere and shipped in?

Edited by steelcity

36 minutes ago, steelcity said:

Would that tell you were the vehicle was built or the engine? Where the engine was assembled is what we are trying to find out. Are the engines assembled right there at the final assembly plant or are they assembled elsewhere and shipped in?

yea not sure, just wondering really, and I'm sure your right that engines are shipped in...so truck vehicle build wouldn't matter at all then...

I'm not an expert, but I would assume the LG engine codes have VINs that start with 3, and the LZ engine codes start with 1.

For example, my truck VIN starts with 3 and engine code is LG. If love to see the VIN breakdown of these broken springs occurring.