I’ve been a GM guy since I was a kid so I fall into that category. The bailout happened one way or another for all the big 3 I believe. Ford didn’t take money but there was a lot that happen behind the scenes I think. GM has been an American icon for many yrs sad to see certain issues arise. Just my 2 cents not trying to push my opinion. 

Actually, Ford took $9 billion. Out of the 6 car manufacturers that took bailout money, Ford is the only one still repaying its debt.

Edit: I just looked and, and it appears Ford is on track to paying its debt in full in 2022. They had a $591 million payment in 2020, $591 million payment in 2021, and a final payment of $289 million in 2022.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Transient said:

Actually, Ford took $9 billion. Out of the 6 car manufacturers that took bailout money, Ford is the only one still repaying its debt.

Edit: I just looked and, and it appears Ford is on track to paying its debt in full in 2022. They had a $591 million payment in 2020, $591 million payment in 2021, and a final payment of $289 million in 2022.

Thanks for the info I didn’t think Ford did. I just know they did plant relocation and internal changes like layoffs and outsourced work from what I read.

Thanks for the info I didn’t think Ford did. I just know they did plant relocation and internal changes like layoffs and outsourced work from what I read.
Ford went through financial troubles in 2007, and was able to get loans before the housing market bubble burst. GM and Chrysler were only 2 years behind them, but by that time the recession was in full swing. Ford initially didn't want to take any money, but was "convinced" to do so. Tesla was in its infancy at the time, but they took bailout money too. I forget who the other 2 companies were, but want to say Toyota and Nissan. I am likely mistaken on those last 2 though. Just going off memory at this point.

2 hours ago, bjr2020 6.2 said:

Thanks again for the info. That’s interesting stuff to me. Just wish this would help GM fix this valve spring issue still like to hear if it’s narrowed to vin or make of truck like USA or Mexico. 

Mine is a Mexico build if we want to start keeping track.

On 10/8/2020 at 1:28 PM, LSUAT4 said:

Dealer finally got the truck in to look at it, it’s going to be there awhile, valve springs are on back order and they don’t have an ETA. Again the customer is the one inconvenienced and having to drive one of their loaner cars instead of a brand new AT4.

FF51387B-B382-44B1-A4BE-06E6020915FF.jpeg

Update, got my truck back today, they replaced all the springs. They received the springs first thing this morning and got right on it. Talked to the tech the spring that broke was broke in 3 places, glad it didn’t drop the valve.