It went from idling normally while I unloaded the bed at the dump to suddenly stumbling and ultimately stalling.  If I held the accelerator down and cranked I could get it to start.  As long as I kept my foot down and the rpms around 2k it would run but it was shaking bad and that's when the check engine light started flashing.  Let my foot off... Stall.   

Had my daughter bring some isoheet just in case it was water in the fuel.  Shook the truck to mix then restarted with same results.

After the tow same thing.

It scares me how many engine and parking brake issues these 2019 and 2020 trucks have.

Makes me wonder what the actual percentage of problems compared to total number of trucks produced....Or is it just the fact that we see them more frequently because we come to these forums.

9 hours ago, Shiva said:

It scares me how many engine and parking brake issues these 2019 and 2020 trucks have.

Makes me wonder what the actual percentage of problems compared to total number of trucks produced....Or is it just the fact that we see them more frequently because we come to these forums.

That last part is probably on point.

So the outcome:

Engine fixed.

Warranty extended to 6y/100k

All of my accessories installed free of charge

Cat back

CAI w/cal

Gmc Puddle lamps

Console vault

Illuminated blacked out front emblem

Blacked out rear emblem

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Sounds like your dealership did right by you.  I used to live in Northern VA and there were a couple of good ones down there.

I have to say.  Suttle Motors is not a bad place to do business.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2020 at 12:23 AM, RadBrad said:

What is your build date?  Take a look at this post...

I have a Sierra 6.2 Build date of 8/20 already with a leaking rear window issue that hasn't been resolved yet...

Same build date 8/20.  Thanks for the info.

On 9/26/2020 at 2:00 AM, Sparty577 said:

Took delivery of my at4 last week, 316 miles in and the exact same issue... Broken valve spring.  They towed it in yesterday, fixed it and returned it today.  How did you go about getting them to extend the warranty, etc?

I didn't state warranty piece accurately.  It was a component coverage letter.

20200926_153406.jpg

gmc engine failure.pdf

Was it able to crank and start at all?  I think I remember some on here with some crazy error codes like that due to extremely low or discharged battery.

I've got a 2020 6.2 Sierra as well.  These trucks got some crazy issues.

Absolutely correct, they started having crazy issues going full electrical and today still carry that gene but with even more crap in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk