I think all these GM engines are built in Tonawanda, Ny.  Who knows where the valve springs are made.
https://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gm-facilities/gm-usa-facilities/gm-tonawanda-new-york-plant/
Here you go https://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gm-facilities/gm-mexico-facilities/gm-silao-plant/

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Don't forget...  Fill out the complaint form with NHTSA.  Vehicles dying on the interstate...bad news.  This is also happening to vettes, camaros and silverados.  Maybe GM can be pushed to a recall?  Bridge too far I know.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

On 10/8/2020 at 12:18 AM, chadr0 said:

At another to the ever growing list. 2020 6.2 AT4 - i dont know the build date but i assume it's around the 8/20 mark.

I've had mine for 5 days with about 250 miles on it. I was driving down the highway when suddenly i get an adaptive cruise control disengage warning, parking brake failure warning, steering assist failure warning, and then it completely died all within about 10 seconds. All the interior electronics worked and it would let me shift between gears, but it wouldn't turnover.

I was going 80mph in the left lane of a 6 lane highway when all this went down. Luckily i was able to coast it over and some truck drivers were able to help block traffic to let me get to the shoulder. When i opened the hood i could hear the battery ticking, but that's the only thing i could tell. I thought it may be the alternator cable recall, but since all the electrics were working i'm worried it could be the valve spring.

I had it towed to the dealer and am waiting to hear back.

Well, got a call from the dealer on Friday. It was the valve spring issue and it dropped a valve. The motor is toast. Going to need to be completely replaced.

They told me they ordered one but can’t get it until early November. I’m not sure what to do at this point. I only talked to the service department, but I’m definitely going to call the sales manager and see what we can get worked out. I dont know if I want to try to lemon law this thing or just try to get a free extended warranty and/or accessories out of it. 

5 minutes ago, chadr0 said:

Well, got a call from the dealer on Friday. It was the valve spring issue and it dropped a valve. The motor is toast. Going to need to be completely replaced.

They told me they ordered one but can’t get it until early November. I’m not sure what to do at this point. I only talked to the service department, but I’m definitely going to call the sales manager and see what we can get worked out. I dont know if I want to try to lemon law this thing or just try to get a free extended warranty and/or accessories out of it. 

I'd bypass the SM and go directly to the GM.

7 hours ago, chadr0 said:

That’s worse case. Get a new motor just to bad you have to wait. Hard to believe like I said GM is still having these problems. My 2015 ltz 6.2 broke a spring too. Now I have a 2020 and was hoping this was a thing of the past.

37 minutes ago, 1997SierraSLT said:

GM doesn't have to manufacture a quality product as long as the consumer continues to purchase.  If it weren't for consumer brand loyalty and a $50 billion taxpayer funded government bailout, GM would be out of business. 

Kinda like the airlines today.

37 minutes ago, 1997SierraSLT said:

GM doesn't have to manufacture a quality product as long as the consumer continues to purchase.  If it weren't for consumer brand loyalty and a $50 billion taxpayer funded government bailout, GM would be out of business. 

I’ve been a GM guy since I was a kid so I fall into that category. The bailout happened one way or another for all the big 3 I believe. Ford didn’t take money but there was a lot that happen behind the scenes I think. GM has been an American icon for many yrs sad to see certain issues arise. Just my 2 cents not trying to push my opinion.