Brakes Squeaking @ 10K

Mine went in today for complimentary oil change and tire rotation. I have a little over 6k miles. I let them know about the noisy brakes and tech bulletin. Service adviser asked me if they do it hot or cold, I said mainly hot.  Mine get substantial worse after unhooking from my 24’ enclosed trailer. I will let you guys know what they do later today.

Well...spoke to soon as the brakes have started up again with the noise, though not as bad as 2 weeks ago.  Called dealer, stated they only replaced the front rotors and left all of the second round of pads on.  I brought truck into my garage and crawled under and the rear rotors have a shiny spot on the inner diameter of the rotors 3/4-1" wide.  Appointment again next week...

• 1 month later...

Just took mine in today for brakes squeaking and steering clunk noise. They also did a complimentary oil change and updated the software for a DEF issue? 

Of course 9 hours later i get ahold of them and they tell me they could not replicate the brakes squeaking and humming and the steering column clunk... I told them i will be down there in the morning with my videos showing the noises... I even pointed out the service bulletin about the brake pads. 9 HOURS to do an oil change and software update and drive the truck around the block!!!! 

Mine is in for the brake pad TSB right now. I had 17,000 miles on it and it was embarrassing to brake when I was driving slowly as they squealed like an old work truck.

I did have the troublesome pads and they are putting in the new ones.

They did get an “out of stock, back ordered” message from GM for the new pads but were able to get a set from another dealer in town.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

So what does it sound like when you are having this issue?  I have been trying to track down a squek noise that I can't pinpoint when I'm driving but it is very annoying.  I've checked everything I know of which could be making the noise and it hasn't stopped?  You guys think this may be the issue?

Mine is in for the brake pad TSB right now. I had 17,000 miles on it and it was embarrassing to brake when I was driving slowly as they squealed like an old work truck.

I did have the troublesome pads and they are putting in the new ones.

They did get an “out of stock, back ordered” message from GM for the new pads but were able to get a set from another dealer in town.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

What’s the difference in pads? Have a copy of the TSB? Mine squeal on in cold weather until they warm up (few times braking).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So dealer said the tech said my brakes and odds are perfectly fine. There’s some brake dust which is causing the squeaking and humming which is 100% normal.... wtf??? But wait if I want to resurface my brakes for $133 that’ll fix the squeaking. 

So dealer said the tech said my brakes and odds are perfectly fine. There’s some brake dust which is causing the squeaking and humming which is 100% normal.... wtf??? But wait if I want to resurface my brakes for $133 that’ll fix the squeaking. 

Brake dust isn’t causing the squeaking of that was the case my camaro would never stop as the pads dust quite a bit

51 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

Brake dust isn’t causing the squeaking of that was the case my camaro would never stop as the pads dust quite a bit

So just got home from picking up my truck... I gave them the TSB and they said i had the correct pads on. They kept telling me the squeaking and humming is normal and they can't do anything because 1. I'm over the 7500 miles to do the TSB and 2. I have the correct pads... The supervisor said he has a 2500 that does the same and he just lives with it..... i have never had a vehicle that does this and it be normal.... I even showed the service advisor my video and she said that is pretty loud.. UGH...