Brakes Squeaking @ 10K

My “dump truck” is worse now than when they did the TSB brake pad replacement! I took it back to them and they told me, there is no fix apparently and I get to live with it until GM comes up with something else to try. I am over 12k now, none of it was hauling a trailer but I am about to put a 36’ toy hauler on it so here we go...Thanks GM. 

• 3 weeks later...

Mine originally started screeching around 10K. Dealer in Missouri replaced brakes in October of 2020. They were quiet for about 5K miles. Now in Florida and were really noisy for 1st 20 minutes after sitting for 3 or 4 hours. Took to dealer here and found out the Missouri dealer had only replaced the fronts. Had to leave truck overnight so they could really hear the problem. They ended up replacing all 4 under warranty along with a loaner vehicle. It's been quiet now for 3 weeks. If your dealer won't help, find another dealer. The dealer here told me they were doing 2 or 3 per week so it's a very widespread problem. Mine also had that big dump truck sound. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Well, this issue continues...  Took my 2020 Denali in for second oil change, 11400 miles, brakes 97% front, 98% back. Service advisor moved my truck and then came and found me in the waiting room and said "what is wrong with your brakes?"  Perfect! He found the TSB and ordered the brakes. My truck was built Jan 20. Will see what happens.

• 1 month later...

I've been dealing with this issue for the last 12 months.  I bought my 2020 AT4 HD in February 2020 and brakes started to squeal in the first few months.  Got the run around from dealer for a while and found the TSB so they put new pads on.  Started to squeal again and they said can't do anything more.  Called GM Corp and after a long time of being ignored they finally kept my truck for 10 days and put new pads and rotors on.  Now its squealing again and I'm back dealing with corporate again.  It's been in the shop 10 times, mostly for brake related squealing.  I'm not sure what more they will do, but I'll see.  I'm temped to just buy after market pads and do it my self since the GM components don't seem to be working.

I've been dealing with this issue for the last 12 months.  I bought my 2020 AT4 HD in February 2020 and brakes started to squeal in the first few months.  Got the run around from dealer for a while and found the TSB so they put new pads on. I had over 7,500 miles at that time. Started to squeal again and they said can't do anything more.  Called GM Corp and after a long time of being ignored they finally kept my truck for 10 days and put new pads and rotors on.  Now its squealing again and I'm back dealing with corporate again.  It's been in the shop 10 times, mostly for brake related squealing.  I'm not sure what more they will do, but I'll see.  I'm temped to just buy after market pads and do it my self since the GM components don't seem to be working.

my truck is at the dealer. the brakes are one of the issues i want fixed. tech says they sound "normal"

i will point them out today when i pick it up. and i will show them the bulletin.

the other 2 issues are getting addressed and fixed though

• 3 weeks later...

Bump for updates. GM made the dealer take another look at my truck, still squealing badly and is an embarrassment to drive. The dealer got back to me today and said sorry, there is no fix and we made no changes. Maybe I can get GM to buy a used truck. 

22 hours ago, xray58 said:

KC Desert, did you try a GMC Dealer? Mine are still quiet after the change 10K miles ago. They changed all four on mine the last time. Hope I didn't just jinx it.

I have been to a GMC dealer before and they were the ones who replaced the brakes initially, at 4K miles or so. 

Mine started mild squeal about a month ago around 10k MI.  Going in for the 2nd oil change next week.   We'll see what they tell me, but now I know it's not just mine.   Tow a 25ft travel trailer every once in a while.   The dashboard still shows more than 95% for both front and rear axle. 

• 2 weeks later...

I escalated this issue to GM and they have done nothing in two months time saying this is something they are investigating. Ok, I am not a brake designer but…I bet Midas can figure this out in about an hour. GM? Hello GM? My brakes have been replaced already and they went from bad to even worse. How difficult is it to diagnose why brakes squeal and make an $80k truck sound like a dump truck?