Brakes Squeaking @ 10K

So my brakes are already squeaking and wondering if this is a warranty fix or anyone else having the same issue? I don't think it is a warranty fix, but hoping to save a few hundred if at all possible. 

I understand there are a lot of factors, dust, cold, wear and tear, etc. I brought it out and did some braking to warm it up and clean it off, but it is still doing it. Visually rotors look good, no brake dust/rust. I feel like I have been very easy on the truck, mostly highway miles and not a lot of stop and go.

Anything would help, thanks.

Found it, a little google always helps. Thanks all. When I called to ask them if it was covered under warranty she said bring it in and lets see. I mentioned I found the TSB on it, so it should be covered right? She said they are specific for each vehicle, to which my reply was...you mean like going to NHTSA website and typing in the VIN specific? Her response, what time can you bring it in. ha

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LarryM said:

She said they are specific for each vehicle, to which my reply was...you mean like going to NHTSA website and typing in the VIN specific? Her response, what time can you bring it in. ha

Funny how they respond sometimes.  Let us know how they handle it.  Sounds like they should replace the pads and check the rotors to be sure no premature wear due to improper pads.  

On 9/16/2020 at 7:48 AM, kylant said:

there is a TSB for this issue. Apparently the early build trucks have an improper spec'd pad. they replace pads at all 4 wheels

mine squeeled from day 1.....i am just lazy and havent made it to dealer.....this and an alignment, truck pulls to the right

Both fronts and rears were changed on mine and so far so good.  My dealer only changed the rears the first time and used the TSB dates as the reason but the fronts were still making the noise so they got replaced as well 2 weeks later.  My truck was built the end of February so the September 19 date is BS.

My 2020 AT4 2500 started the noisy brakes around 14K miles.  Brought into dealer around 16K for oil change and a couple other things to look at.  They did in fact change out the pads stating there was a recall on them.  within a 500 miles new brake pads are even noisier, I call trash truck noisy especially at low speeds, coming to a stop, brought back to dealer and stated that the new pads are fine but it appears the rotors have glazed over.  They are trying to get the new rotors covered, but typically GM doesn't cover wear parts.  Spoke with them, I said has to be the pads, original or new ones doing this and should be covered.  I repost once dealer gets back to me

I have hauled a trailer with a load of no more than 5K lbs, maybe 4 times.  Truck is mostly used as a work vehicle but with nothing in box.