I don't get it

wizard4878

I'm not here to argue or piss anyone off, but I just don't understand the posts bitching about all the options that are no longer available on new trucks.  Did you not check to see what was available BEFORE you bought it?  And if what you wanted isn't there or not an option then why did you buy it in the first place?  I'm not going to list specific topics,  I think most everybody on here knows which ones I mean.  I understand the bitches about things not working correctly, but stuff that is not even there?!?!?   ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wizard4878 said:

I'm not here to argue or piss anyone off, but I just don't understand the posts bitching about all the options that are no longer available on new trucks.  Did you not check to see what was available BEFORE you bought it?  And if what you wanted isn't there or not an option then why did you buy it in the first place?  I'm not going to list specific topics,  I think most everybody on here knows which ones I mean.  I understand the bitches about things not working correctly, but stuff that is not even there?!?!?   ?

I think most people like myself, will complain about things that they do not like before complimenting about the things that they like.  When I was in the market for a new truck, I did test drive RAM and Ford.  For what I wanted and wanted to pay the Silverado was the best truck in my opinion.  When writing a check for a bit over $63K, I got what I expected.  I have no regrets even with all of the recalls and minor things that I do not like about the truck.  All in all after 15K miles, I would recommend this truck over comparable Ford and Ram models.  I think many things that people complain about could have been fixed if they checked the right option boxes.   Just my 2 cents, everyone has a opinion...

I know my lack of storage rant is mostly what sparked this post.  Its a simple rant.  I knew what I was buying and what I got.  But the trucks around my area are scarce.  Its hard to find one with all the right options I wanted.  Not like in years past.  On average there are 10 trucks on my dealers lot whereas before there were 75 to 100 to choose from.

I even test drove the Dodge Ram.  

Other than the storage, I love this truck.  It's very much more comfortable to ride and drive than my 2018.  This is my 5th Silverado in a row.  I lease all mine.   I have a great dealer I work with that usually gets me anything I want in a truck with 0 down.   Every two to three years I throw back the keys and get a new one.  Depends on what promo they run or how many trucks they need to sell.

This one is the Rally Sport Z71, and aside from a few gripes I love it and wouldn't have bought anything else.   The engine, IMO, has more get up, its tighter, the steering and braking are better.  

Don't take my gripe for lack of great greatfulness of what I have.  

2 hours ago, fsuboy75 said:

I know my lack of storage rant is mostly what sparked this post.  Its a simple rant.  I knew what I was buying and what I got.  But the trucks around my area are scarce.  Its hard to find one with all the right options I wanted.  Not like in years past.  On average there are 10 trucks on my dealers lot whereas before there were 75 to 100 to choose from.

I even test drove the Dodge Ram.  

Other than the storage, I love this truck.  It's very much more comfortable to ride and drive than my 2018.  This is my 5th Silverado in a row.  I lease all mine.   I have a great dealer I work with that usually gets me anything I want in a truck with 0 down.   Every two to three years I throw back the keys and get a new one.  Depends on what promo they run or how many trucks they need to sell.

This one is the Rally Sport Z71, and aside from a few gripes I love it and wouldn't have bought anything else.   The engine, IMO, has more get up, its tighter, the steering and braking are better.  

Don't take my gripe for lack of great greatfulness of what I have.  

actually no,  I hadn't seen your post until after writing this...

• Thanks 1

One advantage to being old is that we remember what purchasing a truck void of frills truly looks like!  Many of the items that appear on the standard items list of a 2020 basic work truck were expensive options when we started buying 1/2 tons!  Your knees were your cup holders and an extra pedal often made this a challenge.  A common gripe that annoys me are complaints related to  transmissions searching for gears or not shifting when expected.  (I am not referring to faulty transmissions.)  I wish such posters were provided the option of a manual transmission.  There are now truck enthusiasts in their 40's who have never experienced a 1/2 ton that they had to truly tell what to do and when.  I do like the current standard comforts such as power steering, brakes, windows and AC but I miss the driving satisfaction derived from a manual transmission!

One advantage to being old is that we remember what purchasing a truck void of frills truly looks like!  Many of the items that appear on the standard items list of a 2020 basic work truck were expensive options when we started buying 1/2 tons!  Your knees were your cup holders and an extra pedal often made this a challenge.  A common gripe that annoys me are complaints related to  transmissions searching for gears or not shifting when expected.  (I am not referring to faulty transmissions.)  I wish such posters were provided the option of a manual transmission.  There are now truck enthusiasts in their 40's who have never experienced a 1/2 ton that they had to truly tell what to do and when.  I do like the current standard comforts such as power steering, brakes, windows and AC but I miss the driving satisfaction derived from a manual transmission!

I’m surprised that anymore than six forward speeds are needed. It’s no wonder the gears hunt with so many. Coming from a family business there were times we get identical trucks. My father got automatic, I’d usually get a stick for pulling. We we’re still running loud pipes with megaphones tips back in 95 with our V-10 Rams. Following him home from a equipment show I’d here his RPMS changing on hills where I having a stick I’d stay in 5th gear. I’d usually get better fuel mileage. Probably it not being a fuel mileage reason. It’s probably has to do with heat. Remember back to the 3 speed automatic it would take a little more throttle to get them to down shift. I’m with you I’d get a stick in everything if available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk