Random 3 horn beeps during oil change

Heres a new one for me and didnt see anything when searched

I have a 2020 LT trailboss 5.3l today i went and changed the oil myself. Did it how ive done it for years. I drained the oil, changed filter, put plug in, and started to fill it up. Got about 6 quarts in it and was grabbing my last 2 quarts when the truck randomly beeped 3 times and the lights flashed. Thought that was odd. Finished filling it up. Was putting some stuff away in the bed and it did it again. 3 horn beeps with lights flashing. 

This is my 2nd oil change on this truck and the first did not do this. So im kinda confused. 

The truck was obviously off the whole time and the fob was in my pocket outside truck. All doors closed. Hood up and tailgate down. Im just curious if anyones had this happen? 

I turned truck in after.... it started fine. No lights or anything so im not sure what that was. 

Thoughts?

22 minutes ago, fsuboy75 said:

Doesn't that remind you to reset the oil life timer on the instrument cluster?

Not sure. Is it Sophisticated enough to know i changed the oil? But i thought it might be this... i had already reset the dash tho. 

Plus it didnt do this my first oil change

10 minutes ago, fsuboy75 said:

Contact your local service dealer.

Just talked to them. They have no heard of it ever happening before. They said as long as i have no check engine lights and its running fine... it should be okay but to being it in if im concerned 

18 minutes ago, Carbon said:

how about

maybe the ignition was still on when you exited the vehicle with the key fob in your pocket?

I actually thought about that. But... truck had been off for probs 15 min as i was well-into the oil change. Key was in my pocket outside truck. 

Also the key in truck reminder is 2 or 3 immediate beep beeps 

This was beep. Pause. Beep. Pause. Beep.  Was much different. Plus this happened twice not just once. I never got back in the truck after the first beep either

1 minute ago, Dersch said:

I actually thought about that. But... truck had been off for probs 15 min as i was well-into the oil change. Key was in my pocket outside truck. 

Also the key in truck reminder is 2 or 3 immediate beep beeps 

This was beep. Pause. Beep. Pause. Beep.  Was much different. Plus this happened twice not just once. I never got back in the truck after the first beep either

only other thing I can think of where the horn comes into play is tire relearn.

I wouldn't stress over it, though.

8 hours ago, Dersch said:

Heres a new one for me and didnt see anything when searched

I have a 2020 LT trailboss 5.3l today i went and changed the oil myself. Did it how ive done it for years. I drained the oil, changed filter, put plug in, and started to fill it up. Got about 6 quarts in it and was grabbing my last 2 quarts when the truck randomly beeped 3 times and the lights flashed. Thought that was odd. Finished filling it up. Was putting some stuff away in the bed and it did it again. 3 horn beeps with lights flashing. 

This is my 2nd oil change on this truck and the first did not do this. So im kinda confused. 

The truck was obviously off the whole time and the fob was in my pocket outside truck. All doors closed. Hood up and tailgate down. Im just curious if anyones had this happen? 

I turned truck in after.... it started fine. No lights or anything so im not sure what that was. 

Thoughts?

Sounds like the Shock Sensor doing the warn away.  See page 34 here: https://chevytrucks.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/2020-Chevy-Silverado-1500-Owners-Manual.pdf

3 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

Maybe while leaning over the truck to put oil in and in the back something in your pocket was pressing on the key fob?

I thought that too cause the first time i was bent over but i was on the side of truck. 

2nd time i was standing behind tailgate not touching anything and fob was in pocket