Do I want a Leveling Kit or a 1 or 2" lift? or nothing?

Hi there,

I just bought myself a 2020 Sierra 1500 Denali. I've had a couple of people make comments already that it looks lowered.  Is this normal for people to think that? So I started doing some research and it appears the front end is dipped down a bit from the factory. What do most people recommend doing?  I want a good clean ride that looks good, not necessarily putting crazy oversized tires on or anything but I like the aggressive truck look. Would a leveling kit be recommended or are most people recomending a 1 or 2" lift?

thanks!

1 hour ago, BhamRealtorGuy said:

Hi there,

I just bought myself a 2020 Sierra 1500 Denali. I've had a couple of people make comments already that it looks lowered.  Is this normal for people to think that? So I started doing some research and it appears the front end is dipped down a bit from the factory. What do most people recommend doing?  I want a good clean ride that looks good, not necessarily putting crazy oversized tires on or anything but I like the aggressive truck look. Would a leveling kit be recommended or are most people recomending a 1 or 2" lift?

thanks!

Level kits are very inexpensive, brings that front end up just enough to give the truck a more serious look.  Many here have used leveling shocks to accomplish the same, with the added benefit of a better ride.   There is a thread here about Bilstein 5100 shocks that has a lot of good input and pics.  Definitely take a read thru some of the most popular threads.  customwheeloffset.com has a huge gallery too that's interesting to see what others have done.  On this forum too.

• Like 1

Can’t swap the shocks on a Denali, adaptive ride control.

I guess it’s normal for people to not like the low front end. Personally, I like my CV axles to not blow up and I like being level when I am hitched up so I leave ‘em alone. If I did anything I would put on a proper quality lift. Just my 2 cents.

Hi there,

thanks!
For me and how I use the truck, I went with a very conservative 1.5" leveling kit. I still have a slight rake but looking very [emoji123]

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I tried a 1.5” spacer but it pushed the shock against the cv boot.  So now I’m also debating on what to do if anything.  The spacer was only $40.  Eibach sells struts that re adjustable from 0-2.5”, and are $126 a piece.  Ideally I’d like a 1.5” top mount spacer but can’t find one. That’s what I’m leaning toward.  I’m not a big fan of the stock lowered front end, but these trucks aren’t as bad  as the previous gen.